THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...

Go down 
+5
Crazy_Irish
Venkh
Nomic
Darklight
Xelkireth
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 07:24

Okay, remember the Darklance sniper Warrior squads of yesteryear? I was trying to figure out some non-staple (staple seems to be blasterborn these days) units for Trueborn.

What if I put three trueborn equipped with two dark lance in a dual-splinter cannon venom with grisly trophies, zipped them over to some dense terrain, and used them as snipers? That's 156 points (the old sniper squads cost 180), gives me a Venom to harass with after the cargo has been dropped off and beats the 178 pts of the blasterborn.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 07:44

Xelkireth wrote:
Okay, remember the Darklance sniper Warrior squads of yesteryear? I was trying to figure out some non-staple (staple seems to be blasterborn these days) units for Trueborn.

What if I put three trueborn equipped with two dark lance in a dual-splinter cannon venom with grisly trophies, zipped them over to some dense terrain, and used them as snipers? That's 156 points (the old sniper squads cost 180), gives me a Venom to harass with after the cargo has been dropped off and beats the 178 pts of the blasterborn.

Thoughts?

Seen many do this actually, but I perfer the 4x Blaster or Trueborns with Shardcarbines.

Have tested it myself, but I dont really find myself in lack of darklight weapons.

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 07:46

Darklight wrote:
...I dont really find myself in lack of darklight weapons.
I don't either. I was trying to figure out the best way to free up the points to run 3x five-man scourge squads with either heat lance or haywire blasters.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:32

Xelkireth wrote:
Darklight wrote:
...I dont really find myself in lack of darklight weapons.
I don't either. I was trying to figure out the best way to free up the points to run 3x five-man scourge squads with either heat lance or haywire blasters.

Haywire blasters, oh I love them. Think they are one of the best weapons we got.

Dont like the Scrouges tho. (love the look of the model tho.)

Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:46

I've been thinking about running some non-Blaster Trueborn with the Duke, since he needs to start the game in a Kabalite unit and you might aswell get somethign that benefits from the 3+ poison. Eighter 4xShardcarbine, 2xSlintercannon(+1 Splinter Rifle since 3man in minium size) or 2xSC+2xCarbine. Not sure which would be the best choise (well, the 3man with 2 cannons would be financially the best since I wouldn't need to buy more warriors and get some Shardcarbines).

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:56

I think once I get my army finished and built, I'm gonna give the sniper Trueborn a try. I'll do a batrep and let you guys see what you think. It may be a while though. It's slow going building a crapton of custom bases for each squad.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 09:08

Not keen on mixed squads myself. If you are going to do something you should do it properly

When you target a target with AV you ar wasting your splinter shots. Definitely an MC denial unit though.

I quite like the idea of a carbine unit with the duke perhaps even with the splinter rack.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 09:19

Xelkireth wrote:
I was trying to figure out some non-staple (staple seems to be blasterborn these days) units for Trueborn.

Isn't a staple unit a unit you field a few times, like 3 Blaster born in Venom. Wouldn't your DL Born in Venom just be the same ;-)

Anywho, leave the venom away and just place those 3 in a ruin. thats 86P for 3 guys. sure, if you look at them wrong the'll die but doesn't any of our troops do that?
placed in our dep-zone they can really be forgotten by your enemy(and yourself) until you shoot with them ;-)

good to fill up a few points. I may be using them today. just don't place them at an object or to to near to the enemy without any support/distraction.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 09:26

Nomic wrote:
I've been thinking about running some non-Blaster Trueborn with the Duke, since he needs to start the game in a Kabalite unit and you might aswell get somethign that benefits from the 3+ poison. Eighter 4xShardcarbine, 2xSlintercannon(+1 Splinter Rifle since 3man in minium size) or 2xSC+2xCarbine. Not sure which would be the best choise (well, the 3man with 2 cannons would be financially the best since I wouldn't need to buy more warriors and get some Shardcarbines).

I have been playing duke in 1750+++ points with Shardcarbines, really works well.
I have a litle worry tho, that the oponentes will pick up on how good that group is and that it will become a to sweet target for them. But for now it works like a charm. But duke+trueborns isnt cheap tho.

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 16:50

I've run a unit of four of them with max splintercannons and the Duke. Against Tyranids.

Twisted Evil It was glorious.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:28

If you're going to run 3 Trueborn with DLs, leave them in the vehicle and give it night shields. Keep it stationary so they can fire until you find they need to relocate. The NSs are you're best bet for keeping the whole bundle alive as long as you make use of their 36" range and have plenty of other units being more threatening.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:40

Yay for vehicles, nay for NS. You can't redeploy and shoot, so taking them is questionable then.

IMHO Venom is best for that since it have FF and may kill infantry (duality).

I think these guys should serve AT purpose because... well, they can!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:25

Local_Ork wrote:
Yay for vehicles, nay for NS. You can't redeploy and shoot, so taking them is questionable then.

IMHO Venom is best for that since it have FF and may kill infantry (duality).

I think these guys should serve AT purpose because... well, they can!
I just noticed your new avatar. That is sick!
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 22:09

I just prefer 2x Splinter Cannons + Shardcarbine in a Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons. It's only like 130 points for a huge amount of Splinter shots (20 to 27 Splinter Shots).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...   Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-Blaster Trueborn Thoughts...
Page 1 of 1