THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thetyrant
Hellion

Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 06:35

Seeing as how the last list I posted met with some...interesting responses, it seems only fair to post the 1500 point variety, and ask for help from my fellow evil pointy ears. So, here we go!

HQ
Duke Sliscus - 150

Elites
3 trueborn - 131
2x splinter cannons venom 2x splinter cannons night shield

Troops
5 warriors - 135
blaster venom 2x splinter cannons night shield
5 warriors - 135
blaster venom 2x splinter cannons night shield
10 wyches - 215
hekatrix power weapon haywire grenades raider shock prow
10 wyches - 215
hekatrix power weapon haywire grenades raider shock prow

Heavy Support
ravager - 115
night shield flicker field
ravager - 115
night shield flicker field

For a grand total of 1211.

Now, for the help. I don't know what to do with the rest of the points. I was thinking throwing in 9 reavers with heat lances, as I've had some luck with them in the past. Another option was a third squad of wyches with the same setup and sprinkle some upgrades around with the remaining points. I can't decide. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 09:15

I'd say put agonisers on the hekatarii instead of the power weapons. Only S3 is gonna hamper them being able to actually wound. Then you could drop both wych squads down to 9 (and maybe give them each a wych weapon) then get 2 haemonculi. One in each squad to start them off with feel no pain.

You could then also possibly add in a 3rd ravager if you wished. Ravager's work great in a duke deep strike list (If that is indeed what you are using him for besides the 3+ poison and combat drugs roll)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 13:15

I'd add another Ravager and a unit of Wyches. Then cut all the Wyches down to 8 man squads and then add a few Agonisers.

By addng the Ravager you get more, much needed anti tank. The Wyches run well alongside Duke's contraband rules - always look to get the most of Duke's additional rules otherwise there is no real point in taking him.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 14:11

Sky Serpent wrote:
I'd add another Ravager and a unit of Wyches. Then cut all the Wyches down to 8 man squads and then add a few Agonisers.

By addng the Ravager you get more, much needed anti tank. The Wyches run well alongside Duke's contraband rules - always look to get the most of Duke's additional rules otherwise there is no real point in taking him.

I was getting ready to type the same suggestions. That would make for a pretty solid list.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 14:37

Sky Serpent wrote:

I'd agree with this but would still like to get FnP on those wyches to start with, possibly by dropping a blaster warrior unit.
This would get you both heamis with liquifier guns to start with the wyches, and get you a small wrack unit for objective sitting.
Back to top Go down
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 08:54

Wyches it is. I played some practice games over the weekend, and the wyches performed better than the reavers. So, that decides it.

I would love nothing more than to take three Ravagers, as I'm a huge advocate on filling all three heavy slots with the little beauties. Unfortunately, the tournament I will be attending has a fairly strict comp system, and taking more than two of one choice in any force org. slot with the exception of troops will dock comp. I'm trying to go perfect comp, so there goes my third Ravager. Also, there's a certain percentage that is allowed in each slot, so 3 or even 2 Haemis will dock me comp. I don't really see putting in just one haemi in the list.

Thanks to you all for the ideas, and I will let you know how the list performs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list   Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents 1500 tournament list
Page 1 of 1