THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 tournament list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StaticVortex
Hellion
StaticVortex

1500 tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 00:59

Going into a single elimination tournament with two pools for a grand prize. This is what I have:

HQ (285pts)
Duke Sliscus the Serpent

Haemonculus
Hexrifle, Liquifier Gun

Haemonculus
Liquifier Gun

Elites (210pts)
Incubi
5x Incubi
Klavex
Demiklaives
Venom
Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

Troops (567pts)
Wracks (Troops)
Liquifier Gun, 5x Wracks
Venom
Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

Wracks (Troops)
Liquifier Gun, 5x Wracks

8x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
Raider
Chain-snares, Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Flickerfield
Haywire grenades

8x Wyches
Raider
Chain-snares, Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Flickerfield
Haywire grenades

Heavy Support (435pts)
Ravager
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield

Ravager
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield

Razorwing Fighter
Dark Lances (x2), Flickerfield, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Necrotoxin Missile, Necrotoxin Missile, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 03:00

If its single elimination then your really need to squeeze all you can out of your list as you won't get a second chance with it.
On that note that second 5 man of Wracks really needs a transport. Dropping the Hexrifle is a good start to making those points. From there I would look at Chain-snares then the Klavex, Aethersails and Necrotoxin's.

It depends how many points you want to skim off but if you had some extra you could also quite use a Hekatrix for the second Wyche squad or a 9th member in each.

The Duke seems to have no place in this list at the moment. Without him you have plenty of points to keep those wargear and upgrades mentioned above and fill out your squads.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 12:27

Drop Sliscus for reasones mentioned above. Get an archon. Drop the Hexrifle. Drop the Klaivex to fit in the archon.
Most of your opponents will have saves against your razorwings missiles, so i would just go reroll failed wounds for shatterfields.
I would swap the foot wracks for a 5 man blaster warrior squad.
AND i would get a heka in there for wyches if able to. Droping the chain snares might do the trick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
StaticVortex
Hellion
StaticVortex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 18:04

Ok, drop Duke for Archon, which I'd take with drugs, shadow, agoniser and blast pistol. I don't have another transport to use for the Wracks unfortunately.

My thinking behind taking Duke was two fold, first; that I'd be able to roll twice for combat drugs....and since I'm not taking any kabalites, I can place him with a unit of wyches. He also gives me the ability to deep strike my transports, which could be good against the deamon player.

I could make one of the ravagers into a raider for the transport and take a talos for the other heavy...if I throw a webway portal in there - might that be a better option?

Thanks so much for the suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 19:56

HQ: drop duke and just stick with an Archon, when you take an HQ with so many special abilities, you really want to focus on two. So far the only one you have given a reason to is the re-roll drugs, which isnt bad, but not worth the rest of his pricetag. Also drop the blast pistol, as the Archon should be running every turn anyway, and give him haywires just so if he gets stuck in combat with a dread, he can do something. I would also give him a PGL and put him in with the Incubi

Drop the Hexrifle... its terrible

Elite: either drop an incubi to make room for the Archon, or change this to a raider. Either you do drop the klavex (he isnt needed and is a point sink)

Troops: You really need another transport for those wracks...

I would also suggest getting another troop choice. If you have warriors lying around, 10 Warriors w/ DL will suffice if you dont want to buy a 2nd transport (but 5 warriors /blaster in venom is the best bet)

Up wyches to 9 man, get a wych weapon on them (if you have left over points) and get that second wych squad to have a hekatrix w/ agoniser

HS: Just stick with Monosycthes, they are free and wound most things on a 2+ anyway. Also I dont think nightshields are needed on Ravagers, as nighthshields arent about out-ranging long range AT, but to stop melta and double tap. drop them if you need the points.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 22:10

mono 5.5 shatter 6.47 on MEQ...your right its not that significant. I'll drop it myself. Except for guard, ID Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StaticVortex
Hellion
StaticVortex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2012, 14:47

Thanks for the suggestions!

I hadn't thought about that for the necrotoxins...I know I'll be facing an Ork army, but could save the points. I was on the fence about the incubi buff, could buy some warriors with that and the wrack squad...would give me more shooty.

It is better to send Archon with 4 incubi rather than a wych unit? With the wyches, going from 8 to 9 I thought would only be a one wound difference and still require me to take a leadership test at 6.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2012, 15:18

The archon (with a PGL ofc) will give the Incubi grenades, so they can assault into cover without going last, so yes that is a big deal

As for the wyches, after you go by 7 wyches, you are looking more for damage output than tarpit, and nothing says damage output like more wyches Razz
Back to top Go down
StaticVortex
Hellion
StaticVortex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 15:00

I took Archon with PGL and power weapon, added a wych to each squad, so 9 wyches with heamy in raiders (to give pain tokens)

Round one: Necrons.

Table quarters capture & control:
Turn 1, Ravager destroyed doomsday ark, Raider took down the scythe (can't shoot/move) Wyches jumped out, got a 6 on the run which put them just in range of the necron warriors - none survived assault. Venoms took out Wraiths and thinned the ranks of Flayed Ones.

Response, unit failed to arrive from reserve, flickerfields saved raider and ravager. One venom damaged, wracks jumped out..

Turn 2, all units pushed in hard, Archon with Incubi wiped Lychguard, losing one Incubi before cutting them down. Two remaining units of Necron Warrors fell to Razorwing. Response was negligible,

Turn 3, win

Round 2: Tau

Dawn of War, Annihilation:

Turn one, went second...both raiders exploded - fire warriors shot and killed all but one Hekatrix who hung around.

Response, Wyches run to get closer, venoms shot up some fire warriors...killed 2. moved other units closer

Turn two, more punishment from fire warriors, Razorwing did not come in Wracks lost one. Second Haemy dies.

Response, Hekatrix takes on unit of Grotts and did nothing at all - she saved all wounds and locked in combat. Ravagers made fish unable to shoot. Archon w/Incubi get close but unable to engage.

Turn three, lots of fire at Archon, no wounds. One Ravager destroyed. Hekatrix dies.

Response, Razorwing comes in and wipes fire warriors off the board with three missiles, Ravager finally destroys Fish, Archon chops up Grotts, Wyches chop up a bunch of drones and position for HQ retinue.

Turn four, HQ retinue wipes wyches, Archon runs towards them but does not make it. Razorwing and Ravager destroy HQ and game end.

So far so good....more killy goodness next week when I will face WAAAAAGH, IG and maybe Daemons.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 19:21

StaticVortex wrote:

Response, Hekatrix takes on unit of Grotts

what are grotts doing in a tau army? o.O

btw gg on the wins Smile
Back to top Go down
StaticVortex
Hellion
StaticVortex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 19:59

Enfernux wrote:
StaticVortex wrote:

Response, Hekatrix takes on unit of Grotts

what are grotts doing in a tau army? o.O

btw gg on the wins Smile
Had to go and check the name...not Grotts as it turns out. Was a unit of Kroot.

Thanks, I think I'll HAVE to have my Razorwing on turn 2 in order to thin out the Orks if I'm going to progress further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament list   1500 tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 tournament list
Page 1 of 1