THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Complementary Eldar units

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Complementary Eldar units Empty
PostSubject: Complementary Eldar units   Complementary Eldar units I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 16:57

I was looking at this unit breakdown on Dakka this morning:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Eldar_Tactica#Eldar_Strategy_and_Tactics
Most of it good, some of it I disagree with based on experience. What I have noticed about many unit breakdowns is that they focus exclusively on the unit, not how it may complement another to achieve greater results. Eldar units, being so specialized, really can be dismissed or over-hyped based strictly on Mathhammer merits.

So, I'm looking for what unit combinations(no more than 3 working together) do you find useful?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Complementary Eldar units   Complementary Eldar units I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 17:30

Other than Farseer+anything? Wink

Looking at my Eldar I realize besides universal HQ bonuses I don't think I actually work any real synergy plans in. Mostly I just shoot the hell out of everything while moving around fast to avoid fights.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Complementary Eldar units   Complementary Eldar units I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 18:30

Competitively +1 to Thor... Eldar really only wins by not playing the game. In which I mean running away/reserves shenannigans and keeping their super expensive survivable tanks alive, then contesting last turn.

In more friendly eviorments there are a ton of synergy options imho. Having Fire Dragons pop a tank, then Banshees/Scorps swooping in to mop up the remniants is a basic one. You could also Use Dire Avengers to tie up a unit, then let them be hit by Banshees/Scorps with almost no return attacks (think of DE's wych/incubi trick, although less needed since Banshees have the mask and grenades).

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Complementary Eldar units   Complementary Eldar units I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 05:15

Large Jetbike unit with a conceal warlock and fortune cast would have re-rolled 3+/5+cover, and give vehicles behind a 4+ obscured save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complementary Eldar units   Complementary Eldar units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complementary Eldar units
Page 1 of 1