THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?

Go down 
+7
PartridgeKing
SirTainly
Aroshamash
Siticus the Ancient
Thor665
Azdrubael
Beaviz81
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 08:25

Beaviz81 wrote:
Then again Kroot are created by the Old Ones, their closest relative looks for me to be the ostrich. Would be interesting to find if those can breed, and actually funny.

What? No they're not! Orks and Eldar are the only big races made by the Old Ones. Kroot evolved naturally on their own homeplanet, then got a massive technology-boost when they ate some Orks, including a Mekboy. I've never read any source stating the Kroot were created by the Old Ones, and there aren't that many sources on the Kroot.

Last edited by Torpedo Vegas on Mon Apr 23 2012, 05:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing the quote tags)
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 08:55

Zenology, anyway, I read as little as possible about the Tau, as I want to know nada about them. The Kroot isn't half-bad as an idea, but their company is only awful.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 11:54

Yeah, the Tau are really a race that I want to like, and they could be done so well, but at first they were too nice, and now that that's been toned down, they've had some Mary Sue added to make up for it. Hopefully they'll get the mix right in their next book.
Kroot are indeed awesome though, and I'd like to get more on them, but I can't really see it happening, sadly.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 13:24

For me the Tau is forced down my throat like the Smurfs. Neither appeals to me, so I avoid reading about either.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 09:44

Quote :
Orks are also creations of the Old Ones, yet they cannot interbreed with either Humans or Eldar.

Orks breed at all? I thought they just kinda... grew... from spores... that were released after they died... I would seriously doubt if they had genitals at all, much less could stop fighting long enough to use them...

That aside... the only way I would give up play DE right now, is if a full fledged official 40k Kroot codex came out.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 17:39

In an ideal world where they could interbreed then they might be able to go unnoticed if they wore a hat or a bandana to hde their ears.
Although, the main physiological visual difference between Humans and Eldar is seen when they move, as they walk with an elegance and grace unachievable by mon-keigh. If he told people that he were a rogue trader and was born in space, (a Voidborn) then it would explain his unusual gait.

Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 03:21

Ruke wrote:
Quote :
Orks are also creations of the Old Ones, yet they cannot interbreed with either Humans or Eldar.

Orks breed at all? I thought they just kinda... grew... from spores... that were released after they died... I would seriously doubt if they had genitals at all, much less could stop fighting long enough to use them...

That aside... the only way I would give up play DE right now, is if a full fledged official 40k Kroot codex came out.

Yep, the Orks grow from spores, so therefore it's impossible for them to interbreed with the sexually-reproducing races. Before anyone comes along to correct me, I mean sexually in the more common usage.

As for the Kroot Codex, there was a Chapter Approved army list done for them a few years ago. They could get weapons from several other races, and most of the different units were "subspecies" of the main genus, with such things as winged kroot, or chameleonic kroot. You could also pick an army-wide "family" adaptation, from what I remember, like making your army an ork-hybrid clan, etc.

Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 05:20

Right, I know of that codex, but as it's not an official codex, its not tournament legal. Also, there is nothing to deal with anything over armor 10 (if I remember correctly).

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19 2012, 11:07

The ability to have intercourse and the ability to reproduce are very different. An Eldar couldn't breed with a human, their genealogies are far too different.

Different sects of the Eldar, on the other hand, would have no problem. The Eldar don't change like humans have. The Old Ones made them that way and they will always be that way, they were literally created for a specific purpose. The only difference between a Craftworlder, an Exodite, a Corsair and a Commorite is where they live. Sure the Commorite's psychic powers are repressed, but they are still the same species.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?   Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a Half-Eldar/Half-Dark Eldar go unnoticed amongst humans?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2