THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How many standard Units?

Go down 
+13
Radium
Torpedo Vegas
Rangrok1k
Haunter!
Nomic
Hashmal
a1elbow
Local_Ork
depayen
Darklight
Venkh
Xelkireth
Crazy_Irish
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

How many standard Units? Empty
PostSubject: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 09:37

I know, in competitive Lists you see around 4-5 Units at 1750P. mostly wracks, but as i dislike the idea of units just for the soul propose to have pointing units, that to nothing else.

so how many units do you usually field and what are they.

i tend to only field 2 Units. raider full of wyches and one full with warriors(raider with Splinter racks).
and i get along with that. i just need the points in other funny units.
Just to give you an impression of my lists:

HQ: Archon with Blaster, Djinn Blade, SF, KD, Soul Trap (It's a trap!) (Going with wyches)

Haemi with Animus Vitae and Flammer (Going with Inccubi, as a test)

Elit: 4 Inccubi, Klavex, Blood Stone(2 flammer with the haemi) in venom with add SC
5 trueborn, 3 blaster, 2 SpC, venom with add SpC
3 trueborn with 2 DL

Standard: 10 Warriors with 1 SpC, 1 Blaster in Raider with Splinter Racks and flicker field
9 Wyches with 1 SI, Haywire grenades, Hekatrix wit agoniser in raider with flicker field

Fast Attack: 5 scorges with 2 HL
6 Reavers with 2 Blasters (trying out if its better to keep a bit of distance)

Heavy
Talos with Liquifier and twin linked HL
Talos with Instand death CC weapon and twin linked HL
razorwing with FF

I wrote the list to play the taloi, scorges and the venom as my models came in on friday and i wanna show of in my local GW before the release XD well and i wanna test them.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 10:05

I run four. Only two scoring units scares me. 2 Warrior squads, 2 Wych squads. Both max strength and mounted in raiders.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 10:41

I run 4 units of wyches.

2 troops is not really enough. in 2/3 missions all your opponent has to do to avoid a loss is to take out 2 units. Not usually all that difficult.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 12:10

Well, I run 6 standard really.

Hemonculus with Liquifire gun and Venomblade

10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon
10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon
10x Wyches with Hekatrix, Agonizer, Razorflails, Shardnet and impaler

Ravanger
Ravanger

That is usualy what I start with. Dont really play any games under 1500pts. So thats why this is mostly "standard" for me.

depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 12:16

My 1850 has 4 troop units
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 14:56

I would say You should have at least 3 (so Yoy may lose 1 and still win in 3 objective game) and at least 1 for each 400 points (so 1200 and lower =3, up to 1600 = 4, up to 2000 =5 etc.)

I don't know if "I run and g2g on objective" units are bad... it certainly helps with making "offensive" Troops better (more expensive) when you can cut some points on "untouchable" units.

This works for Orks (Orks and DE are similar), however You MAY buff this "useless" unit with shooty character (I like 10 Grots + SAG Mek combo) or shooty upgrade (Hex rifle?)

I would say take troops (killy ones) and save 30 points for Wracks that walk from Reserves and capture/contest "Your" objective. For 30 points (what, ~3 Warriors?) and ability to take transport for transportless unit (apply to Clowns, but in Ork codex it matter) I guess it's worth.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Tue May 31 2011, 16:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 16:04

I always take at least three in any army. DE troops are so good I usually take four or five. I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a full six-they're just that effective and with our transports they make great use of FOC slots.
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:04

I take 5 Troops in my 1850 list, along with 1 Elite, 2 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy, and 1 HQ.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:57

3-4 usually.

Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:12

Two squads of ten warriors and two squads of ten wyches, all mounted up. I'll be taking a squad of nice wracks with a Haemonculus for larger games (or just to shake things up) once I get to building the haemonculi aspect of my army.

So about four Troop choices in any given game.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 22:17

I take about 2-4, mostly 3. Mostly they are Kabalite Warriors in Raiders or Kabalite Warriors in Venoms. On average its about 1-3 squads in Raiders and 0-2 Squads in Venoms.

The Kabalite Warriors in Raiders are units of 10 with a Splinter Cannon, Blaster, and a Sybarite (For fluff reasons more than gameplay reasons) while the Raider has Splinter Racks and maybe a Dissintegrator if I'm against one of my Marine friends (He doesn't really like using Rhinos too much. He goes for a cool looking army over an effective one). The Kabalite Warriors in Venoms are squads of 5 with a Blaster and maybe a Sybarite (Again, fluff reason, not gameplay), while the Venom has the extra Splinter Cannon.

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 04:23

I usually take at least 3 units, one wych squad in a Raider, one Warrior squad in a Raider with splinter cannon and Blaster, and then a wild card.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 07:42

DE troops are quite fragile, so I'll always take more than 2. I currently run 5:
2 x 5 warriors with blaster in a venom
2 x 9 wyches with stuff in raider
10 warriors with SC

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:10

At the moment I have been taking 4 troops.

10 warriors with splinter cannon
10 warriors with splinter cannon
10 wyches in raider with various weapons
10 wyches in raider with various weapons

I deploy the warriors normally in cover as firesupport and to hold my objectives.

I've not tried fielding them in raiders - as I simply dont see them surviving.
Back to top Go down
crysbat
Slave
crysbat

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 00:26

usually I run around 2-3, I never have trouble with people killing off my home objective holders, then I just eliminate their troops at will.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 08:06

My soft list has 2 wychs and 2 wracks as troops. My tournie lists have 2 wychs and 2 warriors. So no matter where I go I always have 4 scoring units.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 10:22

In 1750 I take 5 troops:

A large Hellion squad.
Two units of kitted out Wyches in Raiders.
2 Warrior squads in Venoms.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many standard Units?   How many standard Units? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many standard Units?
Page 1 of 1