THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Midnight Sun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LordOfRuin
Slave
LordOfRuin

The Kabal of the Midnight Sun Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Midnight Sun   The Kabal of the Midnight Sun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 17:50

Greetings my dark brothers and sisters!

As I'm fairly new to this forum I thought I'd put up some Information about the Army I've recently started and the sort of things I want them to represent etc.

I have decided to go down the road of a Kalabite focused army purely because most of the models I like happen to have associations with the Archons, Warriors, Trueborn etc. So here cometh the Kabal of the Midnight Sun.

I went with the name primarily because I remembered reading in the codex somewhere that the sun/s of Commorragh are stolen or imprisoned by the DE and as such are very dark which is why the city is covered with mirrors to spread what very little light is given out. I also have a vague recollection of there being cults dedicated to these said suns and figured hell why not have a poison loving sun worshiping bunch of sadists as my next army?

I also happen to love ALL of the Coven models and so what them to be the primary supporting force to accompany my Archon into battle. Lets face it, any self respecting Archon will have a Hammy or 2 close buy just in case an unlucky bolter round finds it's way into his face. I am looking at starting off with a 2000 point army and building up from there in time so here's an Idea of how the army will look on the table once I've sold enough slaves.. uurrr I mean earned enough money to buy all the models.

1x Archon kitted out with CC gear. Probably a husk blade/poisoned weapon + soul trap and a PGL.

2x Haemonculi / Ancients with poisoned cc weps and liquifier guns

4 Incubi + Venom w. extra Splinter Cannon

4 Grotesques + Raider

4 Wracks + Venom w. Extra Splinter Cannon

10 Warriors - Blaster + Dark Lance

10 Warriors - Blaster + Splinter Cannon + Raider

10 Wyches + Hydra Gauntlets + Raider

2x 5 Scourges with fluffy weps like Haywire Blasters or something similar (may even go old school with Dark Lances although I hear this isn't advisable)

6 Reavers + Blasters

2x Ravagers packing Dark Lances all around

Maybe a Cronos/Talos (depends on points etc)

For my HQ's I'm probably going to focus on the above as I have experienced the greatness of a hammy a number of times and they really compliment the army, I had an ancient with a flesh gauntlet mow down about 20 hormagaunts on his own once... I was nearly crying with disbelief! The elites section slots will basically form bodyguard for the HQs all with decicated Transports (Incubi + Archon, Grotz & Wracks + Haemonculi)

Troops choices are fairly simple a core of warriors supported by wyches and transports. Warriors with a DL to hold objectives/snipe tanks etc. Warriors with a splinter cannon for mobile AI, Wyches for CC and the Wracks bodyguard/objective holders. Fast attack was again fairly simple, I wanetd to go with Scourges because A. They look awesome, B. They are fairly cheap to buy and C. They are integral to the survival of Commorragh so why wouldn't an Archon pay out an arm and a leg to have loads follow him to battle? Their weapons will most likely be based on the fluff from their entry in the codex or my own personal fluff so haywire blasters, dark lances or heat lances. The Reavers are here because of there arena routes as with the wyches, every Archon loves a good blood bath so surely having your favorite "performers" put on a show while you are ripping heads off is a good thing!

Heavy Support is fairly standard for any DE Army.... minimum of 2 ravagers with DLs for obvious reasons.... Also Dark Light based technology and a Sun worshipping Kabal kinda go hand in hand no? Because of this were possible I will probably take dark light weapon choices to represent my Kabals belief in the power of their dying suns. This wont be the case on every choice, i wont be powering up hekatrixs or sybarites with blast pistols just because I can but were its tactically advantageous to do so if that makes any sense. Im also toying with the idea of a Talos / Cronos seeing as it will be the only Coven model not being used by my army.

The Colour scheme I have decided to go with is a very dark blue for the armour plates, with sections on gold, this is to represent a midnight sky with stars and then the helmets (were possible) will be a tarnished gold colour to represent the sun. Black leather all the way with the wyches and reavers and I was thinking about going for a flayed look with the grots and wracks sort of like they are missing a layer or 6 of skin. I Think the general idea I'm going for is a fairly competitive army that's fluffier than an 8 week old kitten, Hopefully that's what I've managed but we will see once it's all in my possession.

Well that's pretty much it. I hope you enjoy reading about my ideas for this Kabal. Feel free to question it, pick it to pieces or correct any mistakes I may have made. Smile

Slave
Kabal of the Barbed Heart

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Midnight Sun   The Kabal of the Midnight Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 12:17

Good army list. D Lances arent advisable on scourges as they are heavy, which takes away the scourges speed. Also, remember that wracks are troops if your army includes a hammy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Midnight Sun   The Kabal of the Midnight Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 15:46

If you want feedback on the army list, then go and post it in the army list section. I like the idea that you have here though. The dark blue and gold paint scheme should work rather well I think - do show us when you have a test model completed.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Midnight Sun   The Kabal of the Midnight Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 15:51

The blue and gold really does work well together. I used it to paint my DEldar as I had just started DEldar after painting Night Lords.
I look forward to seeing some models painted up.

The Kabal of the Midnight Sun YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Midnight Sun   The Kabal of the Midnight Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Midnight Sun
Page 1 of 1