THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Soul Reaver Cometh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kieran Venoxis
Slave
Kieran Venoxis

The Soul Reaver Cometh Empty
PostSubject: The Soul Reaver Cometh   The Soul Reaver Cometh I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2012, 07:51

Hello,

This I hope will be the start of a very beneficial learning experience for myself and ultimately hope to become a regular and valuable contribute to these forums.

A bit of a background for me. Im 28 and have been playing 40k since I believe 2007. I started the hobby as an ork player and really fell in love with the army background but had bad experiences playing them. Not the armies fault just I never mastered them and took many depressing beatings. I quit for a while but then Space Wolves came out and truly if their ever was an army after my own heart it was them. They had many traits that fit my personality and I wont bore you with all of them but lets just say the savage berserker type is one that Ive grown up with in many different games.

Anyway I have played them consistently for a long time but when the new Dark Eldar book came out I bought it really just to gameplan against them but as I read over the codex and saw all the continuous wave of beautiful models I became more smitten with them. I put off starting the army for this whole time but sometime last month I broke down and picked up the start of what will be my new main army.

I found the different playstyles (Kabal, Cult, Coven) evocative and really inspiring and the way that they used tactics that as a Space Wolf player I had no knowledge of. Poison whatsit? Lance, thats like a Lascannon right? Oh everythings open topped and fast skimmers? Wow, I have no idea how to play this army.

So I come seeking knowledge and a fresh start with my wargaming that will keep me coming back here day after day. Ive done alot of reading about them but the DE are a mystery that I hope to master. I'll be posting my list soon but I wanted to say hi first.

Thats is. Please dont send me straight to the arenas to be slaughtered!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

The Soul Reaver Cometh Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver Cometh   The Soul Reaver Cometh I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2012, 10:31

Welcome. I've found that after starting Dark Eldar, I have difficulties playing other armies. They are so slow! What do you mean I can only move the vehicle six inches and shoot a single gun? Wha? I wasn't able to assault after running?

Browse around, look up some tactics and check out some galleries for inspiration, and most of all, practice, and you'll be slaughtering and enslaving the lesser races with no problems!
Back to top Go down

The Soul Reaver Cometh
Page 1 of 1