THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Whats your play?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kieran Venoxis
Slave
Kieran Venoxis

Whats your play? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your play?   Whats your play? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10 2012, 16:24

We all want the first turn to get our shots off and movement as tactically advantageous as possible but what do you do when the worst happens and you dont get first turn and he takes out 2-3 of your raiders on the first round of shooting? Its going to happen at some point and I'd like some tactics so Im prepared and can still hope to win the battle.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

Whats your play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your play?   Whats your play? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10 2012, 19:14

if you go second, you go reserves, maybe if the terrain is correct you can hide some stuff so he cant shoot it , but going second against certain armies forces you to reserve, sucky with no manipulation but it's that or get shot up...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Whats your play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your play?   Whats your play? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2012, 04:21

Yeah. Also, if I do start on the board and he takes out 2-3 units, I just then do on my turn the same thing I'd tried to have done if I'd gone first. As long as you built your army wisely there should be no 2-3 vehicles that make or break your strategy - so just keep going. That's my method.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Whats your play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your play?   Whats your play? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2012, 04:59

To be honest, i am trying to build my DE more and more for the alpha strike - if i go first - cool. Half the time though i like going second to deny enemy shooting phases and then hit them hard with masses of units - you should get half on turn 2 statisitcally so as long as the list is sound, it should not matter which units you get.
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

Whats your play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your play?   Whats your play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your play?
Page 1 of 1