THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?

Go down 
+3
Shadows Revenge
csjarrat
MordredBloodyhand
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 10:43

I will be running my Archon with a Haemmy and 8 Incubi in a Raider.
My thoughts are Huskblade,, shadow field, combat drugs, phantasm Grenade launcher and haywire grenades. Is that too pricy?
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 10:59

PGL is pretty mandatory in incubi.

ditch the haywires, leave that to the wyches.
shadowfield is good, you have enough decent stregnth AP2 goodness with the 8 incu, so you could just take a venom blade and that will help incase you come up against high T targets.

soul trap, huskblade, shadowfield and drugs is a good load out if you want to get stuck in in challenges
Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 11:02

Cheers for that...I shall drop the Haywires....i could use those points to give him a venom blade along wiht the husk blade and then choose which one from combat to combat....will see if i can squeeze the soul trap in... thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 15:30

if going with incubi I like Agoniser, Shadowfield, drugs, PGL. This gives him the ability to chew through most things, while keeping him cheap enough to be barable. A fully kitted out Archon isnt bad (like you posted) but I find it a waste of points. Go with what feels right for you though

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 17:12

Drugs are usually wasted on the Archon.
Huskblade is a really awesome weapon, and even better with Soultrap.

So the way i see it you can run Shadowfield, Venomblade, and PGL for the cheapo version then refusing challenges isn't so bad because your not out much.

or you can go big with Shadowfield, VenomBlade, HuskBlade, PGL, Soultrap 170 points but now you need a Klaivex for challenge strategies to get the most out of your investment.

I prefer the second route basically 60 more points (counting the cost of the Klaivex), but try naming something they can't deal with?

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 18:14

now why are drugs a waste on an Archon? This is something I have seen pop up around lately... but seriously lets look at it to see if its true.

1- 3d6 for run: Not useful at all unless they are on foot, bleh drug

2- +1 WS: While +1 WS isnt really that great on the Archon, its great for wyches and reavers, and on top of it it does help against those special CC monster characters (like PL and GDs)

3- +1 S: Depends on your weapon. With venom blades and agonisers its not that good, but when combined with any power weapon, huskblade, or even a djinn blade, it is amazing. Also atleast with w venomblade you get re-rolls to wound on T4. Also if you ever get FC... people should be wary of him then

4- Re-roll to Wound: Is there ever a point when this drug is useless? Ok... maybe a venomblade, but even then it does boost your damage output.

5- +1 Attack: another great one, not as great as re-roll, but still boosts damage output. And remember back in the day marines had to pay 15pts for this (terminator honors)

6- Pain Token: so your Archon doesnt need FNP, but being able to give FNP to your squad for 10 pts is a great trade off, also this means that he only needs to kill 1 unit for FC, which as I said before is amazing (also only 2 for Fearless... which has been boosted enough to be great this edition)

So we have 3 amazing rolls, 1 roll that depends on your weapon, and then 2 rolls that dont really help the archon (well... 1 doesnt, the run one can be useful sometimes). So you have a 67% chance of it being good, and the other two are either situational, or helps your other units with drugs instead (wyches, succubus, reavers)

I dont see the trade off... its only 10 pts for the chance of amazing-ness. Your already kitting him out with huskblade/ST/Shadowfield... might as well put 10 points to atleast make sure he makes back his...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 18:32

I always go with the huskblade+soutrap+shadowfield with drugs when I take him. He can be really fun to play with.

I honestly haven't gone with the PGL and I've managed pretty good accually. But I would strongly recommend it though.

On the drugs, I always take them. They can really pay off and when they do they are lovely. But I seem to mostly roll 1´s for some reason...
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 18:34

Sorry, I should have limited my response to say a waste of points when traveling with Incubi, I love Combat drugs and I think they are a great asset to the dark eldar

for the rolls
1: Can't use as only the Archon has it and he needs to run with the unit
2: Not really a big deal for the Archon as 8 is still a 4+ for most people to hit him
3: As you said, good for the Huskblade side sometimes
4: Best roll you can get
5: Not bad
6: Not bad

So on a 3+ you get some ok results with 4 being the one really good result (again just for the Archon with Incubi case) with 1 and 2 being useless.
If you have 10 points left over it's a good upgrade to throw down, but I would say make sure you have the soultrap and huskblade first

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 18:47

Seshiru wrote:

If you have 10 points left over it's a good upgrade to throw down, but I would say make sure you have the soultrap and huskblade first

I agree on that. The drugs are a compliment to your huskblade+soultrap and I only take the drugs on my archon if I field him as such.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 19:33

Drugs are great with Huskblade, since reroll wounds and +1 s help you kill things, and fnp helps the Incubi and puts you one token away from furious charge. I'd say that with huskblade bing ap2, it's practically mandatory as othervise the Archon will have serious problems is he faces a 2+ save character in a challenge.

mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 21:27

What about one of the following two builds for a Huskblade Archon?

8 Wracks, Haemon w/LFG, VB. Raider - 200pts

4 Grots, Hameon w/LFG, VB, Raider - 260pts

Both of these options give you two PTs so a guaranteed S4 on the charge to make the most of the HB and get a good chance of filling the ST. You also have a unit that can soak up wounds, is tough (very much so with the Grots) and with the first example you have a scoring unit as well. It makes great use of the roll of a 6 on the CD as you start with a fearless unit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 21:17

The only problem is that the unit doesn't have fleet, other than that it's great I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?   Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the best load out for an Archon in a unit of Incubi?
Page 1 of 1