THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First attempt at a WWP list - 1850

Go down 
+2
Shadows Revenge
Ruke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 Empty
PostSubject: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2012, 18:00

Total Roster Cost: 1849

HQ
2 Haemonculi + Webway Portal

Elite
5 Harlequin Troupe + Harlequins Kiss x4
1 Shadowseer + Harlequins Kiss + Fusion Pistol
1 Troupe Master + PW + Fusion Pistol

8 Hekatrix Bloodbrides + Haywire Grenades + Shardnet & Impaler x3
1 Syren + Haywire Grenades + Agoniser

Troops
1 Baron Sathonyx
14 Hellion
1 Helliarch + Agoniser

2x - 3 Wracks
1 Venom

2x - 5 Wracks + Liquifier Gun

Fast Attack
2x - 5 Scourges + Haywire Blaster + Heat Lance

Heavy Support
3x - 1 Talos Pain Engine + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

The Homun fly down with the wracks in venoms and drop their portals, ideally, they will be able to jump back in the venoms before getting completely shot to pieces (probably not), after that, it seems like its pretty cut and dry... the wracks camp objectives after other stuff comes in and cleans it out. I went with more heat lances than anything in this list cause I have a tendency to roll low on damage charts. As a note though, I split my scourges between HL and HWB that way worst case scenario, I still get a glance... I'm 1 harley kiss short for 2 reasons... 1: I didnt have enough points, and 2: wound allocation (gives me a "free" wound)

Thoughts, questions, comments?

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 18:15

Ok, lets begin!!! for awhile when the book came out all I did was run WWP (I had gotten my hands on two of the limited edition portals, man those are nice)

Anyway, your portal delievery system is fine, you will just have to learn how to deploy them from playing the list over and over.

Im not too keen on how small your assault elements are coming out of the portal (well... everything but the hellions) To me thats just asking to be rapid fired. But give them a try and see how it works. I think you will get more milage from 15 wyches though, or better yet beasts.

I am not a fan of hellions, at all. I think if you are doing that though, they are set up fine.

The Wracks are kinda "heh?" I think you will get more from 1 5 man warrior squad w/ blaster in raider as a home objective sitter. Or you could take the 5 wracks, and give them a raider as well. That way they are durable and supporting the battle all at once.

Keep the scourges the same weapons, I know you want wound allocation and all, but you will find that wanting to get in the heat lance range for 1 shot is not worth their points value. For overall effectiveness, why dont you run the two squads with each different weapons till you find one you like (so a 5 man w/ hl, and a 5 man w/ hb)

HS is fine, just lettting you know after a few games people will figure out what they do, and stay far away from your portals.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 19:31

Sonofa*****. I thought Harly Kisses were all-squad or nothing. Just checked the Codex.

I learned something today. Surprised

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 19:53

Don't think I've seen the limited edition portal... pic?

EDIT: So would you suggest to take the haem/wracks out of the venom and toss them in a raider?

Edit button man. That thing works wonders when you want to add more to a post Razz SR

EDIT: Also, if you were taking beastmasters, how would you set up their squad?

Also, unfortunately, I can't delete my own posts.

But check on the right hand upper corner of your post, and click Edit. That allows you to change or add more infomation to an already existing posts. So no need to delete old posts if you can just change them. SR

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 21:15

Best for me is squad of three beastmasters with five khymeras and four razorwing flock, not too expensive and with really good assault capability.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 03:12

Total Roster Cost: 1850

HQ:
2 Haemonculi + Webway Portal

Elite:
7 Harlequin Troupe + Harlequins Kiss x7
1 Death Jester + Harlequins Kiss
1 Shadowseer + Harlequins Kiss + Fusion Pistol
1 Troupe Master + PW + Fusion Pistol

Troops:
2x - 5 Kabalite Warriors + Blaster x1
1 Raider + Flickerfield

2x - 5 Wracks + Liquifier Gun

1 Baron Sathonyx
13 Hellion
1 Helliarch + Agoniser

Heavy Support:
3x - 1 Talos Pain Engine + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

Fast Attack:
3 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
4 Razorwing Flocks

5 Scourges + Heat Lance x2

How does this evolution look?

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 04:20

Looks brutal on your opponent and your wallet! Looks like a lot of fun though Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 14:51

It feels very light on the anti mech though... :/

I think that if I run up against a LR or even something with 12's all around I'm going to run into some problems...

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 15:59

I would drop the harlies all together. While I like them alot, you can get wyches which are far superior due to the fact they are cheaper, and are scoring to boot. If you decide on them take out the death jester, as they should be fleeting every turn.

I would drop one of the wrack squads, you really only need 1 backfield ojbective taker.

As for your army remember you have 2 huge footprint units (the hellions and the beasts) so be careful where you have to place them. Also again like I said before, be prepared to lose... alot. It takes some skill and alot of luck to make a WWP army work constistantly.

Also if you want cheap alternitives to beasts, there is always chaos hounds, wargs from LotR, or even the new SW pups would work. Also for razorwings you can make them out of some bitz leftover from raider/venom construction. Although I will admit I love the official models Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shaYneFurd
Slave
shaYneFurd

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 01:54

I'm actually going through the same dilemma right now, as I recently made a 1750 wwp carnival of flesh list with hellions involved. I couldn't really tell from your list though, are you running 2 wwps? or just one? cuz if your just running one I would DEFINITELY recommend 2! Also, just to save so points I'd rock a pwr weap on the hellions, just cuz your hitting str4 so you'll most likely be hitting on a 4+ anyways. Also, Id incorporate maybe 2 or raiders for the rapid transport and the lance support. However the list looks pretty good, Those are just my 2 cents Smile best of luck whenever you unleash your army on someone! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 04:21

Quote :
If you decide on them take out the death jester, as they should be fleeting every turn.

Good Call

Quote :
are you running 2 wwps? or just one? cuz if your just running one I would DEFINITELY recommend 2!

Most definitely running 2

Quote :
Also, just to save so points I'd rock a pwr weap on the hellions, just cuz your hitting str4 so you'll most likely be hitting on a 4+ anyways.

If you take a different weapon, you lose the +1str from the hellglaives (since it's +1str comes from it being two handed), so you would still be hitting on 5's... Power weapon hellglaives would be epic though!

Slave
shaYneFurd

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 18:35

Power weapon hellglaives would be epic though![/quote]

One can only dream... lol
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 23:18

So I tried this list the other day, and it didn't turn out well... the sheer number of orks with powerklaws ate everything... everything... So, more invul saves, thats what I say!

Total Roster Cost: 1850

1 Asdrubael Vect
8 Hekatrix Bloodbrides + Shardnet & Impaler x3
1 Syren + Venom Blade

(I've had great experiences with this combo in the past, and want to work with it some more...)

2 Haemonculi + Liquifier Gun + Webway Portal

(These guys are going to go into the venoms with the wracks, and pop out with them too, couple of extra wounds to protect the liquifier)

2x
11 Wyches + Haywire Grenades + Shardnet & Impaler x2
1 Hekatrix + Haywire Grenades + Power Weapon

2x
4 Wracks
1 Venom + Splinter Cannon

5 Wracks + Liquifier Gun x1

5 Scourges + Heat Lance x2

6 Reavers + Heat Lance x2

3x
Talos Pain Engine + TL Liquifier Gun + TL Haywire Blaster

As a side note, the Harlies did really well, earning their points back (by destroying a battlewagon and a looted wagon), but I lost half of them when the battlewagon exploded (had to assault it), and all but the troop master (who had a fusion pistol) over the next turn, when the looted wagon, and a squad of orks fired at them... I never actually got to assault any squishy stuff, which makes me a bit sad... They tear things up, but a 5++ save and lack of fnp just wasn't working... might switch off between using vect and harlies if the vect setup above doesnt work out well enough...

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at a WWP list - 1850   First attempt at a WWP list - 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First attempt at a WWP list - 1850
Page 1 of 1