THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!! Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!   1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 15:12

Hq: Haemon w/ Liquifier Gun
Farseer On Jetbike

Elites: 4 Blasterborn in a venom with dualncannons
4 Blasterborn in a venom with dualcannons

Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster in a Venom w/ dualcannons
4 of them
5 Wracks
5 Wracks

3Windrider Jetbikes
3Windrider Jetbikes

Heavy Support: Ravager with NS
Ravager with Ns
VoidRaven Bomber w FF, 2 shatterfield missiles
WraithKnight w/ scatter laser

Before everyone picks on the haemon which doesnt really beling anywhere the reason I chose him was originally this list had a Squad of wracks in a raider. I could substitute two of the venom squads with wracks instead of warriors but I find warriors much more shooty which is nessecary in this edition. Also I dont think anyone would go through the trouble of killing him while he is hidden away with his trueborn while the wraithknight mauls his army while being shot to death by venom fire. Ignore this, I realized I was 100 point short. The 2 squads of wracks will be used for capturing my objectives. The jetbikes goal is to turboboost to opponents objectives to contest or even capture.

On another note the eldar allies are going to cost me $160. Instead of this, I could remove the wraithknight and the 2 squads of wracks and add a wrack raider and a wraithlord. Or removeall eldar allies for a Chaos Blood Thirster, Daemon Prince and Nurgling Squad.

Which one do you prefer? Which one would be the most effective against a broader view of armies? Generally I play against Eldar, Tau, Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Necrons, HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!   1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 01:41

I love my knight. He pretty much just goes crazytrain on people. I have him with just a standard load out. That scatter laser is not needed and he can just bust two caps per round. Dude will dump 500 points a game and literally breaks overwatch with his charge like a champ. Keep your bikes in reserves.
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!   1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 16:39

I don't know that much about new Eldar codex yet, so I won't comment on that part. But the Knight looks nice on paper though.

The thing I'm missing in your list is something with CC power vs blobs. 10 Wracks with 2 LG and Acoth could do this for you. Maybe just bring 9 and have the Heamy join them for FC off the bat.
That being said: joining your Heamy to Blasterborn isn't really helping him out to survive the combat. Heamies are squischy, certainly as a Warlord a nice target. So I would be more happy if he can join a unit that doesn't pose much of a threat so he might be ignored.

I don't know how many flyers are in your meta but I doubt that one Voidraven Bomber is enough to counter them.

I know those 2x 5 wrakcs don't cost a lot but they won't be doing much if there are no objectives in the game. Typically you don't need objective baby-sitting troops. Sure they are not bad at hugging the objective but with 5 of them, your opponent can kill them in one turn if he wants to.
I feel it would be better to put some more punch in the list for these points.

I would also advice to equip 2 troop venoms with Girsley Trophies: rr morale helps a lot on Ld8 with paper transports. You will be taking a lot of pinning and morale tests with your 4-5 men squads.

BTW, where does the Jetseer go? 3 windriders is a lot to hide in, certainly you don't want to be in reserve with the farseers. He can however hide behind a Raider. So it might pay off to have some more raiders. Since he excels in buffing squads your might consider one big squad for him to buff. Or is he there to sit back with the Ravagers to boost their output?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!   1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Competitive Dark Eldar Army Attempt!!!
Page 1 of 1