THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New GW Paint Range Discussion

Go down 
+12
Shadows Revenge
The_Burning_Eye
oberonson
Local_Ork
Archon
Levitas
Azdrubael
Evil Space Elves
Marquis Vaulkhere
KnightSeerValkia
Sky Serpent
Baron Tordeck
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

New GW Paint Range Discussion Empty
PostSubject: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 23:36

info here - http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-citadel-paints-and-extras-confirmed.html

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 23:52

Here is the list of the Dark Eldar themed paints:

Incubi Darkness
Rakarth Flesh

Kabalite Green
Sybarite Green
Pallid Wych Flesh

Hellion Green

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 00:03

what about

Warpfiend Grey
Lahmian Medium

those could be ours too

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 00:16

Lahmian refers to the female Vampire bloodline in Fantasy.
Don't really know what Warpfiend refers to.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 01:33

*sees list, needs to stock up on Necron Abyss*

Also, I want to know what do they mean by Abbadon Black being the 'only black' in the range? =s

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

New GW Paint Range Discussion Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 01:52

no inks, shades, bases, etc other than that will be black.

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 02:17

Well I give up. I just get around to painting my army then they change the paint range on me, lol.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 02:49

How many of those will be "new" besides being renamed? Intriguing.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 05:22

Yakface wrote:
I got this info passed onto me about the new GW paint changes.
-144 colours are in.
-lots of renaming of colours, nothing is leaving.
-All in different catagories now, Shades (washes) bases, layers, glazes (thin washes) and textures.
-Prices are staying the same.

So it sounds to me like the main thing GW is doing is reorganizing the line to make it more clear which paints/washes/etc are designed to be used in what situations.

• There are 144 paints (the current line is only 73), so the range is doubling in size.
• Broken down into Bases (foundations), Layers (normal colours), shades (washes), Dry (essentially goopy paint for dry brushing), Glaze (thinned washes for easier blending), Texture (sand + colour) and Technical (liquid green stuff).
• Bottles are not changing.
• Every color is renamed, there will be a white dwarf with a comparison guide released. Blood red is now wild rider red, ultramarine blue is Calgar blue, skull white is white scar etc etc. There is a big expansion in the greens. There are pinks again, and more purple.
• Foundation white!! Named Ceramite White
• New how to paint book that includes a 90 minute DVD
• Mega paint set available year round now, but is super expensive apparently. Prices are apparently the same (for now).

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 06:46

I'l never get this super-paint set nor advise anyone to do it unless they change bottles.
That just silly how fast GW bottle dies. I get Valejo color round the same time as i get my first GW, its still alive, while GW ones are almost all dead.

Will see what new color brings, but so far im not that impressed, Valejo Model Air is the king of colors for me now.

What more interests me if they change their paint manufacturer, cause i heard rumours about it year or so back.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 15:11

Well...as long as they dont change any of them. Very Happy

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 16:54

Valleo uses the dropper method bottle correct? In that case i would notever use their paints. Im a pot painter (as are many i know out there, for iys ease of use and clean up) and as long as you have a cheap bottle of vodka around you need never worry bout pots "dieing". (I personally use it new pots as well as it helps the paint dry faster and more evenly as it this the paimt a little)

Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 14:43

I've never had a problem with paint pots "Dying" or drying up. Just add a few drops of water and mix it up again. I have brought GW paints that have been dried up for years back to good as new.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 15:33

Sadly when they are restored that way - they are not of the same consistency which irritates immensely.

I prefer to use all my hobby time painting, not restoring or working with hobby tools.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2012, 21:45

Paint Chart

https://2img.net/h/i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/bwtodd/Newpaints-1.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/bwtodd/Newpaints2.jpg

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2012, 00:49

Its official, paints are on their way.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470002a&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

i really want the set but damn is that a hefty price tag

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2012, 05:38

Looking nice, they provide with a steady hand to a new players with basic structure of paints and new book that can be used a guide and can be really set on the painting table.

Im especially interested in glazes, we'l see what they have. And can it compete with simple Glaze Medium from Valejo i use now.

P.S. Oh, and its really screams sell sell sell sell, new book will all pointing anyone new to a product from GW range.
Good job on that one from their side, though their pointing at their Brushes names will never let me change my Series 7 kolinsky brushes, never ))
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: New GW paint line   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 19:20

Hey guys, everybody thrilled about new GW paints?

Me neither but I digress.
Here's GW paint conversion chart (I have copy on my disc in case GW would like to go with "buy White Dwarf" tactical maneuver, link is also in Tutorials) and video about new paints with some random yes-man.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 19:23

I don't know if "thrilled" is the word, but I am happy to see the Foundation or "Base" line expanded. I have switched to using a lot of P3 equivalents, but many of the LFGS in my area do not stock them regularly. The textured paints and expanded color range does sound appealing, though I am reserving judgment until I can actually try a few of them out.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: New GW paints   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 21:50

Hi guys!
So a while back, GW released a new line of paints. Also, they took all the painting guides off the website too last year (As the new paints were coming out and the guides were done with old paints). With all the news and the leaked 6th edition, i think this means something huge. So what do you think of the new paints? What about 6th edition? I know something for sure, DE isn't gonna get updated in 6th, like always. Sad

Cheers

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 23:47

The random yes-man would be Alan Merrett, head of IP for Games Workshop.

Personally I am excited to see the new range, I'm not going to ditch the ones i've got till they die or are used up, but I think the dry brushing and textured paints are a great idea, and I'm glad they're expanding the range again having ditched a load of colours I used to use.

Call me naive if you like, but I prefer to concentrate on the positive

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 00:29

IP guy? I think PR guy would do the job a lot better but considering how much hate GW gets they probably don't have such person... Random goons - prepare to die... I mean CHARGE!

I have high hopes for new washes, namely that new formula don't include onions. I would like some cake-smelling washes since I hated chemical stink of my washes so much that I swapped them for few "normal" paints some time ago (not to mention they didn't mix well with non-GW paints, lame).

Ok, but seriously I may be interested in drybrushable metals. Layer ones probably still suck (for layers, tho old mithril silver rocked for drybrushing) but I can't drybrush with spray/alcohol paints.

The rest... yeah, half pot of brown paint, half of cat litter, nah.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 04:01

so if you head up to your Local GW, you get to try out the new paints.

Im not much of a painter myself, but I must say that these are stupidly easy to get decent paint jobs. With starting specific dry brush paints, expanding their washes, and adding in glazes. You can get quite alot from them. I also like the basing paint, which is quite interesting. All in all I like it, and the name change is so they can trademark these names. sad but true

Oh and tentacle pink is back Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 05:00

They also have a new supplier and the formulas had to change a bit for certain colors thats why the entire range got renamed.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 07:46

Quote :
I have high hopes for new washes, namely that new formula don't include onions.
Ahhhaha, you my hero ) Im so so understand what are you talking about ).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GW Paint Range Discussion   New GW Paint Range Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New GW Paint Range Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next