THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Developing the Port

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

Developing the Port  Empty
PostSubject: Developing the Port    Developing the Port  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2012, 21:49

Ok, so the initial topic seems to have tapered off a little bit in the last couple of days with discussion of GMing business which is normally a bit above my pay grade. That said I think it's initial topic ran it's course with us reaching a reasonable consensus as to the layout we wish to achieve with the RP boards. As such I felt it was time to move on, but to where...

Before we can get too far into developing interesting stories or deciding just how the RPs are going to run, we need to establish our setting. As I understood it from the initial post and brief summaries in the other thread in here, The Port is going to be the central hub for any and all games that take place. Whether our intrepid members are just buying and selling in a shop, chasing down a target through tangled market streets, resting and having a drink or preparing for the grand adventure of a real space raid, it all starts at The Port.

So what do we need to know about the port?
  • What is our Port's name?
  • Where is The Port? Is it located near High Commorragh? Is it lower in the Sprawls? Is it out in the stix in a sub-realm?
  • Is it near any other major areas?
  • Are there any major factions around?
  • Who is the controlling party? Is it firmly under Vect's control, or does another Kabal hold sway over The Port?
  • When in the history of the dark-city is The Port? Is The Port a small place that is growing in size, is it an established hub, or is it in decline?

So that's about all the questions I can think of for the moment I hope they at least get some ideas flowing. Smile My next post will include some of my own thoughts on these questions, so it's your choice if you come to your own conclusions first and then respond, or read my ideas as well.. Wink

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

Developing the Port  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Developing the Port    Developing the Port  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2012, 22:04

I don't have many thoughts on these questions yet however here's some initial ideas...

Name: Necrosyrtes Crix
This still needs a bit of play I think, but the Necrosyrtes comes from the latin of the Hooded Vulture which is Necrosyrtes monachus. I felt that the rough image of a vulture was rather fitting, as was any link to necrosis. Wink The "Crix" ending just came from a general term to "dark eldar it up".

I'm struggling with this one. I generally have a hard enough time trying to picture the layout of the dark city, it is one of the reasons I placed my Kabal in their own little sub-realm. Obviously each option has it's own pluses and minuses. I think having it further down the "food chain" of the dark city is perhaps the best idea to allow the port to take on a life of it's own.

Factions:???
Again this one could be up for debate, depending on area and how much we want to expand on the port. Obviously the quick and easy route is to say that the Black Heart has a controlling share in the port and just play it from there. Alternatively we could create our own controlling power in the region which may allow greater interaction and options. (With this option Vect would still of course play a part).

Size: Small and growing.
I'm inclined perhaps to go for the idea that this is a smaller port containing powers who wish to expand their wealth and influence. This would allow us to expand the port at certain intervals and it give a reason why this activity has suddenly sprung up. This route could tie into which ever faction "controls" the port, a new Kabal seeking a rise to glory, or even an assigned overseer of the Black Heart looking to improve his own wealth and reputation with Vect

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down

Developing the Port
Page 1 of 1