THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Empty
PostSubject: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 04:23

The last time you saw duke, he looked like this.

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1761

Got a shot of primer and some accent colors...

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1824

Then tried a black/gunmetal mix on the helm.

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1832

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 05:49

I would perhaps suggest just going with black rather than the mix, but I don't know what you ultimately have in mind.

Thumbs up for the poison dripping off the blade!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 06:24

Thanks, Gob.

maybe when i'm done, we can have a game at one of the local hobby shops in the mainland...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 04:16

more stuff

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1834 My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1835

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1836 My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1837

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2012, 04:52

worked on a few more details and tried out an effect on the arm and sword grips.

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1845 My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1843
My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1842 My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... Th_IMG_1841

the way I pulled off the sword grips and the arms was to turn a paint into a wash. Using vallejo paints, I mixed up a 1:20 mix of color and thinner. I prewashed an area that I wanted to preserve the lighter colour, then I dabbed in the darker colour mixture. Ran right into the crevices better than an ink.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 05:35

meh. don't know what to say, so i'll just say it.

i haven't been in the mood to paint lately. might do some this weekend.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 08:05

Captain Mayhem wrote:
Thanks, Gob.

maybe when i'm done, we can have a game at one of the local hobby shops in the mainland...

My sincere apologies Captain, I missed this reply of yours. Yes, if we can make it work, a game would be great. There's a couple of decent possible stores. I also am in the process of house-hunting and if I find something with a basement or some other suitable man-cave, I plan on building my own custom table. You would be more than welcome.

You can also check the schedule of the club I play at Bonsor Rec Centre in Burnaby's Metrotown.
http://www.trumpetersociety.com/

How do you go for games in Sechelt?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 02:00

Gobsmakked wrote:
How do you go for games in Sechelt?

usually we have something set up with the hobby store owner in the mall on fridays but lately no one's been turning up.

so i'm having some withdraws. Smile

PostSubject: Re: My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...   My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Duke Sliscus, and the look he's developing...
Page 1 of 1