THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raiders and how to arm them.

Go down 
+9
Grub
Massaen
Gobsmakked
Sorrowshard
Godreas
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Thor665
Ciirian
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Raiders and how to arm them. Empty
PostSubject: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2012, 18:12

What do you usually arm your Raiders with? I see alot of people tend to use Dark Lances, but is there ever a need to use the disintgrator cannons? I ask because I am wondering if it would be worth magnetizing all of them, or perhaps only a few. I am still assembling my Raiders and haven't attached the guns yet. Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2012, 19:05

With a new edition around the corner it might not be a bad idea to magnetize because...hey, who knows?

Generally speaking though, people get their anti-infantry through Venoms, Wyches, Razorwings, or some other option rather than through the Raider.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2012, 20:54

I've got one on my wych raider, but the others are dark lances. It's mainly for fluffy reasons though.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2012, 21:14

Just dont glue dark lance, thats it.
It fit perfectly well even without glue.

Back to top Go down
Godreas
Hellion
Godreas

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2012, 10:04

I have magnetized all my raiders, with the new ones even the weapon rack and the sail are all magnetised for easier transportation.

I personally am testing how many of each weapon is adequate
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2012, 19:34

no point to the disintegrator at all, you need lances, many many many lances, Raiders are expensive because lances are expensive, also it's a mobile lance platform which makes it better than static overpriced lances as you can move around to deny cover and get side armour shots.

The desinti is not a very good gun at all, I tried running a few for a while but they are pointless, I have never been in a situation where I have thought "should have taken Dissies" but I missed the lances.

Often even with maxed lances you can struggle to get any meaningful results.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2012, 04:33

I have left my Raider mounts open for either weapon, just by using the standard peg hole available.

However, I almost always put Dissies on my Raiders. They are fine against light armour and to me better than lances against any non-armour targets. I much refer the greater volume of fire from them over my single-shot lances, which have conspired with my dice for the better part of a year to be not very dependable.

I usually have enough Blasters elsewhere in mobile units, and lances on my Ravagers and Razorwings/Void Raven. Not everyone agrees with this, but it works fine for me.

Short answer - keep your weapon mounts flexible whenever and wherever you can.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 04:32

Thanks for all the info. At the moment I have 3 Raiders with no turret yet, 1 Incubi Raider with Dark Lance and a Ravager with magnetized guns. I 'll try how they look with just resting on the peg, tho I am thinking I would probably be safe with a 50/50 mix of Dark Lances / magnetized Dark Lance/Dissies
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 06:04

Lances.

I have to echo sorrow in that I have never wanted dissies but always find myself wanting more lances. I used to work on 1 lance per 100pts but these days I am looking at 1 per 75pts... And I still come up short...

DE have poison for AI duties, cheaper and just as effective...

Then there's wyches, incubi etc...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 08:32

The only time you ever want a disintergrator on anything is if your playing someone who does not how to play 40K and runs nothing but terminators with no invulnerable saves and marches them into the open... but how often do you encounter that?
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 17:57

For volume of shots, disintegrators are alright, but to agree with Grub, if you're in a position where you're actually catching Terminators in the open with them, you've probably already won. Dark Lances do AT well, and AI ok. Disintegrators do AI ok and AT badly. That's how I look at it. I'd rather know my gun can splat infantry if I've run out of tanks to blow up as opposed to being able to splat the infantry inside the tank I can't crack.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 16:36

Dark lances.

Hell, even against terminators you can still do some nice damage with them, and against the dreaded paladins it's great to be able to instant-death them.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 16:53

Grub wrote:
The only time you ever want a disintergrator on anything is if your playing someone who does not how to play 40K and runs nothing but terminators with no invulnerable saves and marches them into the open... but how often do you encounter that?

You forgot to mention facing blood angels and FNP everywhere. AP2 good.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 21:35

I'm goint to a torunament this Sunday, and I know one person will be bringign a BA army with 56 assault marines with fnp. Against something like that, dissies would be great. However, since they're pretty crap against anything else, I think I'll just equip my Razorwing with lances (I've magnetised my Razorwing so I can use it with eighter weapon option).
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 22:20

Nomic wrote:
I'm goint to a torunament this Sunday, and I know one person will be bringign a BA army with 56 assault marines with fnp. Against something like that, dissies would be great. However, since they're pretty crap against anything else, I think I'll just equip my Razorwing with lances (I've magnetised my Razorwing so I can use it with eighter weapon option).

56 assault marines? beastly! I had a league game last night against a BA player with 24ish assult marines plus dante and sanguinary priest and I must say, as well as my Talos did pwning the furioso dread, it sure would have been nice to pop 6 Str5 ap2s for a couple of rounds, would probably have won me the game. As it ended in a Draw I wasn't too disappointed,(especially after having initiative seized on me and suffering from some rubberlance syndrome.) but I see potential with a RJF and dissies, so happy early birthday to me Im off to pick one up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders and how to arm them.   Raiders and how to arm them. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiders and how to arm them.
Page 1 of 1