THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Night Shields and Double Tap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Night Shields and Double Tap Empty
PostSubject: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 19:45

When your vehicle is equipped with night shields, do you have to be 6" away to get the spray of death, or since the normal range would be 18" can they still smack you at 12"?

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 19:48

What do you mean with the spray of death? Not completely sure there.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 19:53

When double tap is talked about in books, its described as a spray and pray... Shoot as much as you can and hope it hits something...

Hellion
Tarbanger

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 20:02

well night shields just reduce the max range of shooting attacks by 6". Although I'm not realy sure what you're talking about for double tap, if the max range of it is 18" then against a target with NS the effective max range is 12" yes.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 20:59

When talking about Rapid Fire weapons as we are now. You have to take into account two things. The Maximum range of the weapon (bolter = 24", pulse rifle = 30", etc) and the range for Rapid Fire which is always 12" Both of these are effected by Night Shields individually. So a bolter for example can shoot once at 18" or twice at 6"

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 21:29

Quote :
When talking about Rapid Fire weapons as we are now. You have to take into account two things. The Maximum range of the weapon (bolter = 24", pulse rifle = 30", etc) and the range for Rapid Fire which is always 12" Both of these are effected by Night Shields individually. So a bolter for example can shoot once at 18" or twice at 6"

Just what I was looking for, and the answer I was hoping for... thx

Slave
Hankifer

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 15:47

And since your vehicles move 12" and shoot 26", you need never let them get near as close as that.

Not alive anyway. =)

PostSubject: Re: Night Shields and Double Tap   Night Shields and Double Tap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Shields and Double Tap
Page 1 of 1