THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

night shields

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

night shields Empty
PostSubject: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 08:32

Takes 6 inches off the max range of a ranged weapon, what about when the firing weapon is closer? or do night shields only count if the enemy weapon is firing at maximum range? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

night shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 09:15

I don't know what you mean. It removes 6" from the range of the weapon when attacking your vehicle. If the Weapon has 36" range then it now has 30" range (this also affects rapid fire ranges and melta ranges). What is the question?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

night shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 09:19

It just means that if you have a weapon with, for example, 36" range, when firing at a vehicle with Night Shields the weapon has a maximum range of 30". If you are more than 30" from the firer you could not be hit,

A meltagun (12") would only have a 6" maximum range and would only get the extra armour pen dice within 3".

A bolter would have a maximum range of 18" and rapid fire range of 9" and so on.
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

night shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 09:30

Thanks that's detailed, my question was if a weapon is closer for example if a bolter was 10 12 or 18 inches from the target, night shields don't come into effect as the attacking weapon is closer than its maximum range. It only takes 6 inches off its max range?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

night shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 09:34

If the bolter was at 12 or 10 inch range it would not be able to rapid fire but would still be able to take a single shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

night shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: night shields   night shields I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

night shields
Page 1 of 1