THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to do with the old Archon

Go down 
+4
The_Burning_Eye
Shadows Revenge
GAR
MasterofPuppets
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

What to do with the old Archon Empty
PostSubject: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 14:25

For all those old Dark Eldar players out there who has the old model for the Archon, what did you guys end up doing with him? I'm thinking about converting him into Asdurbael Vect for my army, because that's how I roll. Here's an example of what the old model looks like, it was one of my favorites from back in the day. I bought the new Archon model just to keep my army up to date.

What to do with the old Archon Archon
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 15:04

I don't have this old archon model, but it does'nt really make a difference.

My initial thoughts are they would make some pretty good objective markers. You need potentially up to 5 in the current edition, and a good objective would be a nice throw back to the old days and still make the old model usable, if not as an active part of the army.

What to do with the old Archon Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 16:28

That model is actually the only one I dont like from the old range, well... except for that claw (man I love that claw) Personally I think the problem is that mask (yes I know it was suppose to be like that because of the mask upgrades we used to have... but we really didnt need it to be modeled...) Its just so... bad looking...

What I would use it for is parts (that claw is so awesome) but other than that I would either use it as intended (an Archon) or just use him for whatever you wanted. He could be vect, but you would need a staff somewhere there.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 16:31

I'm thinking the claw could be holding the orb, but I'm probably going well to use a definite body for Vect.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 22:53

Given how it looks, you could use it as a grotesque?

Sorry, really didn't like the old models in general but that one in particular, it's grossly top heavy and the claw looks like it's been kit bashed from a chaos terminator. Nice idea, bad execution, the new model is so much better.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 23:07

Man, that model is bad. It needs to be hidden away and never talked of...

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2012, 00:21

I love that model, I think he'd make a great archon, as I like the glove agoniser better than the new whip ones. If you would consider it I would pay an exorbitant price for it if you'd be interested in selling it.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2012, 00:37

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
I love that model, I think he'd make a great archon, as I like the glove agoniser better than the new whip ones. If you would consider it I would pay an exorbitant price for it if you'd be interested in selling it.

Thank you for the offer but I like this model very much too, I still use it but I'm looking to update it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Godreas
Hellion
Godreas

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 08:37

I still use him as my archon even though I have the new model as well, I was thinking of converting the new archon with the massive claw but that is on my to do list
Back to top Go down
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 08:46

I have actually considered Dremeling out his head and substituting one from the new range.

But then I remember that there are far, far better models out there to try that with.

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the old Archon   What to do with the old Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with the old Archon
Page 1 of 1