THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500p noob

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p noob Empty
PostSubject: 1500p noob   1500p noob I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 21:51

So im very new to dark eldar, so new actuly that i havent got my army yet but its incoming and i was planing to play it as soon as it comes but i realised i dont realy know what im doing, i have never seen a dark eldar army and i dont realy know how to play them. But this is my army that i made and i realy wish that some one could help me make it a little better.
Actuly lets start off with a list of the models i have incoming:
5 Incubi
5 mandrakes
1 Archon
2 Ravagers
20 Kabalite warriors
20 Wyches
6 reaver bikes
2 raiders

And from that i have put together:
HQ
Archon (Huskblade, Ghostplate, combat drugs,
shadow field, soul trap)

Elites
5xIncubi (Klaivex, Demiklaives, Onslaught)
5xMandrakes (Nightfiend)
10xKabalite Trueborn (4xShredder, Splinter cannon,
dark lance, Dracon, Blast pistol,
3xShardcarbine)

Troops
10xWyches (Hekatrix)
10xWyches (Hekatrix)
10xKabalite Warriors (Shredder, dark lance, Sybarite)

Fast attack
3xReavers (Heat lance, cluster caltrops, arena champion, venom blade)

Dedicated Transports
Raider (Disintegrator cannon, Shock prow,
Splinter raks,Night shields, Flickerfield, chain snares)
Raider (Disintegrator cannon, Shock prow, Night shields,
Flickerfield, chain snares)

Heavy Support
Ravager (Night shields, flickerfield, chain-snares, Shock prow)

*Uppdated to exlude point cost.

Last edited by zergavas on Fri Apr 06 2012, 22:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

1500p noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p noob   1500p noob I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 22:09

Here is a pretty typical and competitive DE list that I use, I've been told to replace the bomber with a razorwing, and if you need to free up some points to fit in an extra HQ or something you can do that, as well as drop the nightshields on everything (although I swear by them).

otal Roster Cost: 1498

1 Haemonculus + Liquifier Gun x1
3 Kabalite Trueborn + Blaster x 3
1 Venom + Splinter Cannon + Night Shields

2x 3 Kabalite Trueborn + Blaster x3

5x 3 Wracks

2x Ravager + Night Shields + Flickerfield

1 Voidraven Bomber + Necrotoxin Missile x3 + Night Shields + Flickerfield

If you tend to go up against a lot of inf, this list works great, but if you face more mech on a regular basis switch out 1 or 2 of the wrack venoms for raiders to snag a couple of extra lances

Last edited by Ruke on Fri Apr 06 2012, 22:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p noob   1500p noob I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 22:10

Was trying to change my original post but i did something wrong... xD

edit 1 - I have a Question about the Voidraven Bomber... i cant seem to finde a official model to it and i have no idea of how big it is, what do you field to represent it?
And are you sure about the point cost of that army i get it to like 1100p?

edit 2 - Dunno how big the bomber is supposed to be, but I doubt anyone would say anything if you fielded a RJF as a proxy... what a lot of people do is get a batjet/batplane from the original Batman movie (with Michael Keaton) and mod that.

I dont think you're counting up enough venoms... each group of 3 trueborn, and each group of 3 wracks is in a venom with extra splinter cannon and nightshield.

edit 3 - Ok, thx and yes i forgot to count the Venoms lol!

This is not a chat room, pleae do not spam the thread with posts. Use the edit button - Baron T

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

1500p noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p noob   1500p noob I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 00:14

zergavas wrote:
So im very new to dark eldar, so new actuly that i havent got my army yet but its incoming and i was planing to play it as soon as it comes but i realised i dont realy know what im doing, i have never seen a dark eldar army and i dont realy know how to play them. But this is my army that i made and i realy wish that some one could help me make it a little better.
Actuly lets start off with a list of the models i have incoming:
5 Incubi
5 mandrakes
1 Archon
2 Ravagers
20 Kabalite warriors
20 Wyches
6 reaver bikes
2 raiders

And from that i have put together:
HQ
Archon (Huskblade, Ghostplate, combat drugs,
shadow field, soul trap) Drop the ghostplate, if your shadowfield drops you're dead anyway, you want to cut down as much as possible to reduce the chances of this happening, so the other choices are good.

Elites
5xIncubi (Klaivex, Demiklaives, Onslaught) I see no problems here, nice and killy, the bane of marines everywhere.
5xMandrakes (Nightfiend) I'd wait until you have a larger squad before running Mandrakes, they can do some damage but only 5 of them won't cut it.
10xKabalite Trueborn (4xShredder, Splinter cannon,
dark lance, Dracon, Blast pistol,
3xShardcarbine) If you want anti-infantry don't bother with the shredders and just max out on splinter cannons and shardcarbines. If you want anti-tank have either max blasters or dual dark lances.

Troops
10xWyches (Hekatrix) Give your wyches haywires, it's cheap and means they're terrifying to both infantry and vehicles. I'd take either a venom blade or agoniser on the hekatrix if you're going to pay for one anyway.
10xWyches (Hekatrix)
10xKabalite Warriors (Shredder, dark lance, Sybarite) Shredders aren't that good, I'd probably have a blaster to add more anti-tank capability, the rifles will give nice anti-infantry anyway, If you want omre just swap the dark lance for a splinter cannon as you're probably going to need to move a lot anyway, removing the point in the dark lance.

Fast attack
3xReavers (Heat lance, cluster caltrops, arena champion, venom blade) Looks good although don't bother with the venom blade, you're going to be either shooting or turbo-boost sweeping to deal damage, normal assault isn't what Reavers are for.

Dedicated Transports
Raider (Disintegrator cannon, Shock prow,
Splinter raks,Night shields, Flickerfield, chain snares) Keep them with dark lances, you want as many lances as you can get, disintegrators are, sadly, just not very useful when you have so much poison firepower and close combat ability.
Raider (Disintegrator cannon, Shock prow, Night shields,
Flickerfield, chain snares)

Heavy Support
Ravager (Night shields, flickerfield, chain-snares, Shock prow) Shock prows are good for Raiders but not Ravagers as the Ravagers have no reason to get up close, they're quite literally gunboats.

*Updated to exlude point cost.

Comments in quote. Very Happy

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500p noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p noob   1500p noob I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500p noob
Page 1 of 1