THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts Empty
PostSubject: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 08:52

HQ archcon

• blaster
    armour of misery
    helm of spite
    agoniser
    the animus vitea
    venom
    +splinter cannon-

total-225

troop
squad 1
10 kabalite warriors

• sybarite
    power sword
    blast pistol
    blaster
    splinter cannon

total-150

squad 2
10 kabalite warriors

• sybarite
    agoniser
    blast pistol
    blaster
    splinter cannon

total-160

squad 3
10 wyches

• hekatrix
    power sword
    blast pistol
    3 razorflails
    raider
    +dark lance
    +torment grenade launcher
    +splinter racks
    +enhanced sails

total-250

squad 4
10 wyches

• hekatrix
    agoniser
    blast pistol
    3 razorflails
    raider
    +dark lance
    +torment grenade launcher
    +splinter racks
    +enhanced sails

total-260

fast attack
squad 1,2,3
3 revers

• heat lance
    cluster caltrops

total-73 per squad (3 squads = 219)

squad 4
5 scourges

• solarite
    blast pistol and venom blade
    4 haywire blasters

total- 150

heavy suport
squad 1
1 voidraven bomber

• 2 shadowfield and 2 implosion missiles
    night shield

total-225

the total for this army should come out to 1,639. to bring it down to 1500 i would just drop the voidravens missiles and one squad of revers bringing it down to 1,516

Please note that posting individual point costs for units is not allowed as GW gets very testy about that sort of thing. I edited out the individual upgrades, but left the unit totals. Please use this method when posting lists in the future, and welcome to the forum.
-ESE

sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 09:24

how i see this list working is to get the raiders full of wyches into postion by turn 3 to charge and have the archcon to use the animus vitea by turn 3 shooting so the wyches can use furious charge and start hacking and slicing like a mad butcher. the revers are meant to be distraction and should kamikaze into troops with the +D6 HoW attacks and tar pitting up troops from moving up maybe even shaving off some hull points from tanks with the heat lance. the scourges are the clean up crew meant to take out any tanks or squads that beat back the wyches or even clear off a objective they are my janitors. the kabalite warriors are staying mid to back field and standing on objectives or killing anything that broke through / deep strikes behind my lines. and lastly the voidraven is there to take out anything in the air or if it all hits the fan

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 12:33

Read up on Wyches before doing anything else. You'll find the consensus is that they've become useless.

I suggest ditching them, putting the Kabalites in the Raiders and taking some more Reavers.
Back to top Go down
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 13:59

that's what i keep seeing but when reading the rules as long as i keep them back out of sight they would survive because i can swoop them in from across the field in a turn and in combat the get the +6 armor save then a +4 invulnerable from dodge and because they are coming out of a open top they can charge on the disembark. plus they are in a raider with enhanced sails so it can move a total of 12" in the movement and 24" the shooting by flat outing that's 36" and you don't need to worry about taking a hole bunch of terrain tests as long as you don't start or end in terrain so a unit that can stay back from the fight till turn 3 fly half way across the field disembark and charge then with the razorflails that's a lot of attacks for just one squad and using this strat i could get at most 30 srt 4 attacks 9 of thous re rolls and with my blast pistol from my hekatrix that's 1 str 8 ap 2 hit. i think the wyches are the spacewolf blood packs from 5th ed they were bad at range cant take a hit and the less you have for the charge the less you will overwhelm things but that's why i would keep the wyches back till late mid game because a full squad of wyches ridding in from across the field and charging on that turn that poor enemy unit that has taken all thous WoH from the reavers so there no longer at full and is barely holding that objective will be sliced and diced. but i do agree and i don't think i would ever take more then just the two units and any more troops would be kabalites with more splinter cannons and blasters.

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 14:26

I see the issue you are having.

- Wyches are strength 3, not 4. So I'm not sure where you are getting the 30 S4 hits from.
- Disembarking is only allowed when you've moved a transport up to 6 inches, not 12, and you can forget about flat-out. This means that on their charging turn, the Wyches will travel 6 + 6 in movement, then another 2D6 for charge distance.
- Dodge saves are well and good, but they won't help against Overwatch. With T3, even bolters will make minced meat out of your girls.
- Holding them back is nice, but that's assuming your Raiders will survive till late game. They won't, especially not if they are your only transports.

Further, I would reconsider the upgrades you are putting on your units, especially the Sybarite and Solarite. These are not units you should want to have in CC, but you are spending 60 points on wargear for them to handle it - that's another Raider right there.
Take a second look at your Archon too, he's illegally equipped with two Artefacts.
Back to top Go down
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 19:04

The srt 4 comes from the furious charge or is that wrong and they get it from turn 4 power from pain but If the archon uses the vitea they can get it turn 3 And I didn't noticed that about my archcon I will fix that thank you. So then can the raider tank shock when moving flat out? If so when tank shocking and makeing guys run away if they regroup they can't move assault and are snap fireing also to deal with over watch any near by reaver that are alive could charge in to eat overwatch or even the other group of Wyches.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts   one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one noob's noobish noob list of 1500-1600pts
Page 1 of 1