THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***

Go down 
+2
Phototoxin
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** Empty
PostSubject: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 08:34

Fellow Archons, Succubi, Haemonculi and Denizens,

The Dark City will be celebrating our first anniversary on May 14th, 2012. To help us celebrate our tremendous success thus far in raiding the depths of the Mon-keigh’s interweb, we would like to recognise those who have contributed the most in one way or another to making Commorragh the glittering spire that it is.

The site awards that will result from this process will be based solely on the recognition of your peers, your fellow denizens here in the webway. Your conduct and standing as a member of this community will be the basis for both your nomination to a particular category, or categories, and also the subsequent forum-wide voting that will decide each final recipient.

We are now asking you to send in your nominations over the next two weeks, by 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) on Friday, April 20. Please nominate one person only for each category, using their forum name. If you cannot decide on just one person, flip a coin!

The categories are as follows:

Best Fluff Writer – this denizen has contributed an outstanding original piece of writing, or series of writings, relating to the True Kin in either the Stories & Art section of the forum, the background to their army, roleplaying in the Arena, or any other section. Maybe even an exceptional battle report.

Best Quote – who has provided the best line of the year? The most profound observation, the sagest advice, or the most irreverent quip. Shakespearean or Pythonesque, who were they and what did they say?

Best Strategist - this denizen is always willing to provide excellent advice to other members on their army lists, individual units and how they may best be used. She or he can advise equally on fluffy and competitive lists, and do not promote cheese. Or perhaps their knowledge and skill has allowed them to win a tournament or two by consistently using their own forces to full effect.

Best Battle Report – who has the most panache, the most flair when writing up the latest outrages they have inflicted upon some lesser race? Perhaps it was just one standout raid, or perhaps it was a series that were entertainingly communicated by text and/or audio-visual means.

Best Painter – the denizen nominated for this award has created a masterful piece of work, or a collection of pieces, that has enthralled all who gaze upon it. Their talent has created an imaginative palette or near-flawless execution, a life-like resemblance, or stunning tabletop presence that has captured and held your eye.

Best Conversion– which creation has impressed our denizens the most? The nominee for this award has contributed an amazing model, or squad of models, during the past year that conforms fully to the ethos of the Dark Eldar. Their work was characterful, unique, beautifully crafted, and of their own hand.

Best Moderator – this award shall go to the Patron, Muse or Mod who has consistently demonstrated a fair and balanced approach to all denizens and all situations, has provided a solid presence throughout the community, and has helped to promote the forum and Dark Eldar in general as much as possible to fellow gamers and hobbyists around the world.

Best Overall Member - this denizen may not be the best hobbyist, nor may they ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site and has contributed greatly to its overall success and to your immense enjoyment of it! They exemplify kindness and encouragement towards all other members.

What to nominate for?
We encourage you to nominate for as many categories as possible. If you cannot think of someone to nominate in a particular category, take the time to do some research. For example, take a look at the Commorragh Tactica section of the forum to see who has been posting interesting battle reports, offering useful tactical advice and helping others with their army lists? These should help you come up with a nominee.
We also strongly encourage you to supply the reasons for your nominations, context is always very valuable.

How to Nominate
Please e-mail your nominations to archon.santa at gmail.com, using the subject line ‘Dark City Award nominations’. Do not PM them to any of the mods, as our inboxes cannot handle the volume of messages.

Nominations should include this:

Award Name -
Member Name -
A brief description of the contribution that should be recognised and why it should be recognised.

The nominations received by the April 20 deadline will be tallied and ranked. The top 5 members for each category will then be sent a PM asking them to either accept or reject their nomination by April 24. If they accept they will then become an official nominee.

If a member rejects their nomination, it will then be offered to the person with the 6th highest votes, and so on. This may mean that if a lot of people reject nominations, or there are not enough people nominated in a category, there may only be 1 or 2 people to vote for (or potentially none).

If a person does not reply to the PM we will work on the assumption that they want it and it will automatically be accepted.

We will not tell each nominee how many other nominees there are. Nor will we reveal who the nominees are prior to the next post that announces the official voting.

The final nominees' names will then be prepared in separate polls for all to vote on beginning Saturday, April 28. After this there will be a 2-week public poll to decide the winners, with 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) Friday, May 11 being the deadline for you to vote.

Exempt Members
Please note that any denizens with warnings outstanding, or members who have previously been banned, will not be given the opportunity to accept a nomination. We will not discuss any of this with the community at large as this is only pertinent to the Muses and the member(s) in question.

If you have any questions, just ask any of the Admin team. Send your nominations in as soon as you can!

Thank you very much.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat May 12 2012, 08:17; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 01:35

It's my birthday on the 15th. Can I get a special cake which is not a lie?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 07:14

Fir the record, I auto accept the nomination for 'Best Damn Dude - Period' that I will inevitably receive.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 19:09

XD

I think that Thor should receive some sort of notice for his old vs. new, which is one of the more interesting ongoing topics on the board.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 18:28

C'mon everyone, the deadline for nominations is this Friday.

This is a great way to show how much you have enjoyed this terrific forum so far, so please just take a few minutes to send in your nominations.

You can use the pre-formatted e-mail that was sent en masse the other day (yes, check your e-mail folders), or you can send it any other way you like.

Thank you very much.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 01:10

Well, like I said, I would like to put Thor up for whatever is applicable for his old vs new.

Baron is extremely welcoming, and helpful to new members. Maybe best admin for that? idk...

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 08:14

Noted Ruke, but we need everyone to please select which category you think fits best for the person you wish to nominate - why do you want to nominate them and which of the available categories do you think best matches that reason?

And please send in your nominations via e-mail to the address indicated in the first post.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 10:25

The public polls for all categories are now open in the "Announcements" section.

Please take a few minutes to cast your votes and help us recognize some of the members who have contributed to making this such a great forum in it's first year.

Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 03:04

Hear ye, hear ye!!!

If you have not yet voted, this is your last chance. The deadline for the 2-week public poll to decide the winners is 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) tomorrow, Friday, May 11.

Voting was accidentally closed too earl, apologies.

It is now open again until midnight tonight.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 01:02

Not seeing it...I seem to remember a certain someone being in the lead for Best Moderator.....but now it looks closed...just when a certain someone was in the lead.....I smell a conspiracy Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 08:21

You must have a cold that's affecting your nose, that's all. tongue

Voting is now closed, properly, on time, forever. An official announcement will be made on the date of the first anniversary, the 14th.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 19:47

I decided to hide the forum away so that we can build a bit of suspense and make a big announcement on our anniversary. Muahaha.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***   The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone*** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark City Awards - ***Voting is now closed, thank you everyone***
Page 1 of 1