THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?

Go down 
+3
Darkgreen Pirate
Shadows Revenge
Archon Yngir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? Empty
PostSubject: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 13:12

I've been reading various rumors and meanderings concerning the much vaunted release of an impending 6th edition for 40k.
I know this is all just rumor and conjecture, but I'm compelled to pose the question....
Does anyone know what this will mean for Dark Eldar? Anything solid to gripe about?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 14:26

as these threads keep popping up, the only thing we can say is "who knows." We are suppose to take rumors with a grain of salt, as who knows if they are the actual changes or not. If you believe the rumormongers anyway, the leaked stuff about 6th was an old beta test anyway, and who knows how much was actually kept over to the final product. Personally I will take my stance that I have always had, which is "we will know when we have the book in our hands"
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 15:23

Agree with SR, conjecture really serves no purpose other than to save advertising budget for GW Wink

That being said, there are some rules in our codex that don't seem to "fit" in 6th. (same with GK, Necron and BA) Who knows what the future holds? Lady Malys maybe....
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 22:41

The 6th speculation is a little annoying at the table. See, I'm just starting to learn 5th edition rules, but some guys will occasionally give me advice, "because that's how it's going to be in 6th". Like, "go ahead and premeasure to Shoot, I heard that's what it'll be in 6th". This is in casual games, but it's hard enough getting everything straight as-is.

That's my gripe right there, enjoy the pain tokens...

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 00:39

Archon Yngir wrote:
I've been reading various rumors and meanderings concerning the much vaunted release of an impending 6th edition for 40k.
I know this is all just rumor and conjecture, but I'm compelled to pose the question....
Does anyone know what this will mean for Dark Eldar? Anything solid to gripe about?
Tell me the solid rumors and Ill give you solid things to gripe and cheer about.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 10:27

Why is this thread in this section? Sounds more like discussing rumors.
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 11:43

!

Last edited by Archon Yngir on Fri Apr 20 2012, 12:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 11:51

Are you serious or just messing with me?

This board is about queries and questions about actual rules. The 6th edition is not out yet. So anything at this point about the 6th edition is nothing more than rumors. And The Dark City has a rumor section for that. Thus in my personal opinion this should be placed in the aformentioned section. I apologize if this insults you in any way.
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 12:07

Sorry all for posting this in the rules section. I've been notified by innocent bystanders that this is in the wrong place. Wink

Last edited by Archon Yngir on Fri Apr 20 2012, 12:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 12:19

Glad I havent insulted you. Strange why you are deadset on insulting me though. Having a bad day? I didn't intend on starting a flame. Relax. In my humble opinion you choose the wrong section for your question and if I was a mod I would've placed it in the rumors section. But I do regret now I've placed my 'ridiculous' post. Hopes this confession helps you relax a bit. Wink

Do you want to continue on topic or want to continue this ridiculous flame of yours?

Q: "Does anyone know what this will mean for Dark Eldar? Anything solid to gripe about?"

Answer: Nope.
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 12:38

I'm sure we'll all here some more in the future. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 16:42

Now that 5th has convinced everyone to go out and buy a crap-load of vehicles while skimping on infantry, 6th will heavily favour infantry lists, causing everyone to shelf their vehicles and go out and buy a crap-tonne more models. Oh, and assault will be devastating too to make up for the gunlines of 5th.

What? Too jaded? Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 17:50

Sami wrote:
Now that 5th has convinced everyone to go out and buy a crap-load of vehicles while skimping on infantry, 6th will heavily favour infantry lists, causing everyone to shelf their vehicles and go out and buy a crap-tonne more models. Oh, and assault will be devastating too to make up for the gunlines of 5th.

YAY! Me 150+ painted orkses may be valid fer krumpin' muhreens! I mean *ahem* ,er, uh, pay no attention to my avatar. Go Dark Eldar. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 18:35

Locking this thread for a couple of reasons.

First, this section is for existing rules only, not anticipated or imagined 6th ed. ones.

Second, there are two existing threads for meaningful discussion of 6th ed. rumours (and not wishlisting or griping). One is in the GW/Other News & Rumour section and it is intended for discussion of the rumoured changes from 6th in a general sense and those that affect other armies.

The other is in the General Dark Eldar Discussion thread and it is primarily concerned with the effect of 6th on DE.

Both of these threads have now been stickied so that they can be found easier. They had not been used in a long time because there has been nothing substantive to discuss for a long time. New threads will undoubtedly be created when real information finally becomes available, but we can continue with these for now.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?   6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Edition for 40k?? What will this mean for Dark Eldar?
Page 1 of 1