THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BT vs DE, kill team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

BT vs DE, kill team Empty
PostSubject: BT vs DE, kill team   BT vs DE, kill team I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 08:43

Some may look at the mission and the 200pt limit and think 'wow that's tiny, I don't know what I can do with that', others may look at it as just something to be ignored...

but I like it because I can take in two very special units that have been nothing but excellent for me, combine them with some very nice USR's and create some very nasty results.

Earlier today, I was challenged to a game at one of the games workshop stores in town. So for 200 points, I took in five hellions and five trueborn. Three trueborn had blasters, a fourth had a carbine and the fifth, a splintercannon. The battlefield, an extremely tight 2x4 board, with as much terrain as possible.

Splintercannon trueborn was given relentless, one blaster trueborn was given tank hunters, and the carbine trueborn was given infiltrate.

The infiltrator trueborn was deployed on a third story of a ruin, overlooking the entire battlefield, the relentless trueborn was deployed on my edge and the tank hunter with two of his friends were deployed about a foot away from my edge.

the hellions were deployed in a bit of a blob fasion as close to the center as possible

I went up against Black Templars. The opponent deployed his troops choice about seven inches away from the centre, and he deployed his dreadnought about a foot behind.

First turn commences and I move my relentless over to get a better eye on his troops, the infiltrator moves up for a better shot and the hellions move in nice and close. Blaster trueborn just sit in cover waiting for that 'nought to get close enough. Splintercannon opens up and ends up killing one mrine. Carbine fires on the same target, nothing. Hellions fire their pods and drop two more marines.

Hellions move in, locking those marines in combat. The opponent realizes what just happens and sends the 'nought in to help, but it's still way outside of charge range. He then opens up with the 'nought's stormbolter, taking out my infiltrator. Now it's stuck with nothing to do for the rest of the game.

Hellions keep the marines busy for a while longer, while the 'nought clanks it's way over closer to my trueborn (those blasters do WHAT??) and attemps to fire. no line of sight established so the shots are no good.

My trueborn see this as an oppourtunity and move up using a cliff as cover, ready to take him out next turn. Hellions still slug it out with marines and wear them down by two more models. Half of the hellions have FNP by now, so it makes them even tougher.

Once again, the 'nought lumbers a little bit closer to my trueborn, takes a shot and misses. More fighting between the marines and hellions, with the marines having just two models left and two hellions fail their armour and drop dead.

Now I jump the trueborn out of cover and make a bee line straight towards the 'nought, opening up with all three blasters. Two immobilized and a weapon destroyed resulted in him kissing his storm bolter bye bye. The last marine takes down another hellion, but his other mates finish the job, causing him to break and take an unsaved wound from zeal. no PT for the hellion who got that final stab in. oh well.

The blaster trueborn, now almost right in the machines' face, get two more immobilized, while the tank hunter trueborn manages to get a ridiculous pen (6) and then an explosion result. That 'nought exploded a grand total of.. three inches. Any higher and it would have hit the hellions and trueborn.

So at the end of it, I had three hellions, three blaster trueborn and the splintercannon trueborn still standing.

nothing i like better than walking into a place dominated by marine players and showing them just how we bring the pain.

Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: BT vs DE, kill team   BT vs DE, kill team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 04:11

haha love these small point games, they can be quite amusing and fun - good game though and good luck on your next Wink
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: BT vs DE, kill team   BT vs DE, kill team I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 14:33

Seems great!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT vs DE, kill team   BT vs DE, kill team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BT vs DE, kill team
Page 1 of 1