THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list

Go down 
+2
SleepyPillow
The New AIDS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The New AIDS
Hellion

Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 17:49

Ok, so this list has been basically the same for ages, but has received slight tweaks every week for months (the wyches have had blast pistols twice now. they no longer do).

Anyway, seeing as multiple experienced minds are better than one, I thought I'd come to you guys for help/criticism. I just want you to be aware that clouds will precipitate donkeys before I take a coven unit (I despise coven units).

Anyvays, here is:

Duke Sliscus: 150

9 Bloodbrides: Syren /w agoniser, 3x Razorflails, haywire Grenades:195
In a raider: Flicker Fields, Dark Lance: 70

Archon: Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Combat drugs: 145

4 Incubi: Klaivex, Demiklaives: 123
In a Venom: Extra cannon, Flicker Fields: 75

20 Warriors: Sybarite with Phantasm Grenade Launcher, 2X Splinter cannons: 230

10 Wyches: Hekatix /w agoniser, 2X hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades: 170

10 Wyches: Hekatix /w agoniser, 2X hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades: 170

Ravager: Flicker Fields, Nightshields, 3X lances:125

Razorwing: Extra splinter cannon, Nightshields, flicker fields: 175

Now that shouldn't have any errors.

Basically, the duke starts the game with the warriors (who have the sybarite for defence if the get attacked). The duke then hops from these guys (who always deploy in whatever cover is in my deployment zone) into the Bloodbrides' transport. Should he get the extra pain token from drugs, he applies it to the warriors.

The rest of the army shoots forward, and attack relatively weak targets of pportunity (enough to stay in combat, but no so much that many of them die).

My ravager and razorwing hang aroud the warrios annihilating whatever and trrying to protect the warriors.

I am thinking I might drop the grenade launcher from the sybarite to my archon, but I've yet to finish playtesting.

Anyways, constructive criticism wanted, kinda welcome (I still hate criticism despite needing it).

Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 19:21

Few things of my honest opinion:

- Sliscus is cool but awesome-weak in cc. I would keep him in a shooting unit.

- I would never take a Archon without PGL in a Inccubi unit. Getting hit is a really bad thing for the expensive Inccubis.

- Warriors die if they get in cc with something serious. A Sybarith with PGL only let them die a bit slower.

- Hydra Gauntlets are the worst of all three options. Shardnets let them to their job better, while Razorflails would do more wounds to everything that isn't a Grot.

- I would suggest grisly trophies on the Wyche's Raiders. At least mine are doing moral tests in cc on a daily basis, while they have, unlike yours, FNP from turn 1 and shardnets.

Also, kudos to your username, made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 20:23

My suggestion would be to drop the haywires from the bloodbrides and drop your warrior squad tp 10 snag a raider and lose the syb completely, as a raider will likely give your warriors more survivability in the long rin. Between those 10 going away and the extra points from the pgl, hwg, and syb you should be able to snag another rav w/ff, which will take you a long way on this list. You shoud have enough points left over toget a pgl on your archon by dropping one or two more warriors. Remember, you can contest and capture from vehicles, and in cover they get a 4+ cover save as well.

Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 20:34

Ruke wrote:
drop your warrior squad tp 10

Sliscus has to start with them. He would have to drop them to 9 to get them in a raider from turn 1.

Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 03:07

That's the reason I didn't chuck them in a raider. I've been thinking about it, and considering that they are my home objective campers, a raider is just protection, but not great protection (is good fro assault protection, but it's a wooden decking with gauze walls) . I genuinely think ten extra bodies will be more protection than one raider. But It is something I can try, so we'll see (when I playtest that nonsense).

As for the hydra gauntlets, they're already glued on, are pretty, and have a high potential for wounds. Through playtesting I've found that the gauntlets are quite effective. I can proxy-test shard nets however. also, as I used to play eldar, shardnets seem so lame in comparison to defend (such a great exarch power).

And yeah, I will be shuffling around my phantasm grenade launcher, I kinda had it there to add extra defence.

And While I do want to add grisly trophies, I've had difficulty scrounging the points, and I think that electroshock rams will probably come first, as my raiders are getting in dudes grills, thus I'd like them to actually do that.

And the name is from Playing counterstike in class a few years back. I liked it so much I use it for everythang.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 17:32

Quote :
And While I do want to add grisly trophies, I've had difficulty scrounging the points...

Oh?

Quote :
And yeah, I will be shuffling around my phantasm grenade launcher, I kinda had it there to add extra defence.

Problem solved. Ditch the PGL, get Grisly Trophies with the points. The resounding advice I've heard around here is that you never want Warriors to get into mortal wombat anyway, because if they do they're as good as dead. Why bother spending those points on giving them a blunted edge?

As for Hydra Gauntlets, I say stick with them. The psychological factor works wonders for my wyches. A canny opponent will just make sure that their models stay away from the Shardnets, and Razorfails let you reroll what, three attacks? With HG you have a potential EIGHT attacks to start with! Now if only we could combine Razorfails and Hydra Gauntlets...

What concerns me most is that you're only taking one Ravager in a Sliscus list. The potential surprise firepower with Low Orbit Raid is too much of a giggle to pass up!

Anyway, sounder minds than mine will offer far more effective tactical advice.

Good luck!

Raucir

Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 20:31

The reason you would rather take a raider over 10 (11) extra bodies is simple. Cost vs Effectiveness: By taking a raider, you save 30 points in the long run per squad. If you decided to use those warriors to shoot, you are more capable of easily getting into rapid fire range. If you decide to sit a home objective, you still have a lance you can fire, and you have a 4++ save vehicle (and vehicles are surprisingly hard to destroy, paper airplane or not...). With those 10 extra bodies, you start taking leadership checks when you lose 5 (and that happens a lot faster than you would like). At 10, they can't regroup, and you have 90 remaining points going screaming off the field.

Honestly, for using warriors to sit home objective, I would make it a 5 man squad in a venom...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 00:24

well, I'll try the lad's in the raider (may as well).

I was gonna stick with hydra gauntlets on the basic wyches. They're stuck on and they're pretty. On the bloodbrides, razorflails provide the best damage output.

as for the ravager deepstrike, it is true that the Razor wing is pushing one out. But it can also deepstrike and hhas more firepower. I think that one wins.

In my local meta, at three stores on two sides of the city as well as at centralised gaming groups I very rarely face these mechanised bastard lists everyone talks about. I see beardy wound allocation terminator squads and drity tricks with large kill sqads more often, with maybe a few transports, hence the focus on infantry damage.

But criticism duly noted, I do expect to face mech lists at tournaments.

Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 02:49

-PGL on the warriors is kind of a waste IMO.
-I use razorflails in my bloodbrides as well so I agree with you there.
-Ravager>Razorwing again IMO
-Get your boys in transports as footslogging Kabalites have the life expectancy of a goldfish, spliter racks makes them a good AI option too.
-Sliscus is good at being annoying in CC but he isn't really designed to be amazing, just tie things down and make them keep taking armor saves.

Just my two cents, best of luck!
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 10:20

I put Sliscus in with the bloodbrides because he is better at fighting than shooting and is better in a fight than a single bloodbride. It fits. I put him there because he doesn't need to be anywhere else.

And thus far putting warriors in a raider hasn't worked too well, but I have too small a sample size to make a decision either way yet.

Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 11:36

i think you would be better served keeping him with the warriors as the +3 poison he adds to them is massive on such a large unit. not to mention it would enable you to drop the sybarite and grenade launcher as Sliscus could add the assault defense to the unit you were looking for

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 14:55

Oh no, the warrirors get the poison (I'd replace them with wyches otherwise), he just movesin with the bloodbrides afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list   Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite/Wych 1750 Army list
Page 1 of 1