THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Wych/Hellion list.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximullis
Slave

1750 Wych/Hellion list.  Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 15:45

HQ.

The Baron - 105

3x Heamonculi - WWP + Shattershard (On the one deployed with he wyches) - 190

Elites

3 Trueborn + Blasters in Venom + SC x2 - 292

Troops

9 Wyches + Hekatrix, agoniser 2x shardnets in Raider + flicker - 210

10 Wyches + Hekatrix, agoniser 2x shardnets in Raider + flicker - 220

14 Hellions + Helliarch with agoniser - 249

15 Hellions + Helliarch with agoniser and PGL - 285

Heavy Support

Talos + Chain flails x 2 - 220

total - 1741.

This is meant to be a fun and effective list, not maxed out tourny powah. Considering that, opinions?

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 16:32

Were I to do something like this, i would drop a wych from the group of 10 and send a homun with them too, I would suggest finding a way to give your wyches haywires as well... It seems like you have an extra homun just to have him, so you could toss one of those out to free up some points, could use those extra points to get a second WWP that you could toss down as your wyches charge away with the pain token (dont want to send homun with them and have them lose fleet). Looks like it would be a fun list to play, but idk how effective it would be as theres not a lot of anti mech, honestly...
Back to top Go down
Maximullis
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 17:10

I Should have said, the two naked heamonculi go with the hellions for pain tokens
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 21:10

One of the problems with starting the Haemy with the Hellions is that if they are in reserve together then they will not be able to separate that turn once they emerge. The unit will be limited to 6" in the movement phase and will not have fleet of foot.

The first easy suggestion would be to start all 3 haemys together on the board so the unit is fearless and then joins units as they come out of the portal.

Or

You place the Haemys in the portal separately and hope every comes out at the same time. The Hellions footprint for example will be very large and do to having 2 large squads the area around the portal will become scarce. The haemys can join at this time because squad will be trailing units (due to no space) and a haemy can walk from the portal and join the squad.

Either way it is rather awkward.

I ran a similar list last week but with only 1 squad of Helllions - I placed the Baron on the portal deploying Haemy (to give him stealth and leadership) and once the Hellions come out, the Baron steals the token and joins the Hellions.

Personally, I haven't had an absolute need to give them a token in some games - the Hellions just need a really good drug result and a chance to shoot before the charge and they will take care of their token needs themselves. So far, my Hellions have reached 3 tokens just about every game and the real trick with Hellions is combo charging. With wwp lists I have had plenty of opportunity to not let them charge alone and have had them charge straight out of the portal. This is where I think your Hellions are in trouble, if they are attached to a Haemy then your assault range is 12" instead of a minimum 19" (possibly 24"). The Hellions main defense is getting into assault so they can't get shot so I think you may want to re-think your strategy.

Just thinking out loud here, I am thinking of running 2 large Hellion squads too at 2k points but I am planning on 2 wwp's as the hellions take up so much space on the board around the portal.
Back to top Go down
Maximullis
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2012, 15:13

That's a very good point, would you suggest 2 heamonculi, both with portals riding in the raiders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Wych/Hellion list.    1750 Wych/Hellion list.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Wych/Hellion list.
Page 1 of 1