THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place

Go down 
+3
SleepyPillow
Massaen
dakotastyles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dakotastyles
Slave

Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place Empty
PostSubject: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 07:50

here is the GT results from my local game store Empire Games in Arizona. The most interesting thing about the placing is that Michael Brand placed 2nd with dark eldar using vect, the dais, and the court. maybe we are over looking some things? let me know what you think! Oh and the GT was a 3 day event and had about 40 players.

http://wargameraz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1425
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 08:58

Interesting list... definatley one out of the box...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 11:21

Venom Spam, Ravager support. The only thing that isn't common is the overpriced HQ Unit that only made it harder for him.

An overpriced wound-allocation-shenanigans unit is pretty common in some other armies. I guess this was more about the mistakes of his enemies than us missing the awesomeness of a cout and the dias.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 14:37

+1 to Sleepy

Its like the guy who won with Cron Derpstar. I mean sure there are just a ton of wounds in that Cron unit, but you were also looking at a 700~800 pt unit that couldnt stand up to even a half squad of hammerators if it got into close combat with that.

Stuff like that comes down to generalship and the opponent not knowing how to deal with it. Seeing that huge expensive HQ probably made people happy, then realizing that S7~S8 autocannons needed 5s to glance as it flew up, stayed away from meltas, and hit something hard scared the crap out of them.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 16:42

This could also attest to generalship, but it is interesting to note that out of 42 players, 4 brought Grey Knights, one placed in the top ten(albeit 1st overall); 3 brought DE, 2 placed in the top ten. Vect,a court, and the Dias? This guy has balls of steel. Well done sir, well done.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 20:59

I think that DE players that are confident enough to enter tourneys are probably much more experience than many other players (esp Derp Knight players). Both armies were mech spammy, and the second DE player probably would have done better, if he had taken two more venoms over raiders (could have gotten another liquifier as well), as he had all the makings of a good venom spam list, but without enough venoms...

The Dais IS a huge point sink... but if you have a death star that you want to hit something hard with, you cant argue with 13 armor all around and a 4++ save (moving flat out) to get you where you're going. After it drops off its payload, you can just park it and pop shots until Vect and crew finishes up in melee, at which point you load them back up and move to the next target...

Dais is worth its points all day long against orks, btw.

Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 23:36

What's a venom-spam worth if that guy doesn't even put a second cannon on them.
(that's what he did, look at the list)

I would like to read an elaboration why the Dias should be that good vs orks. All in all it's just an overpriced Raider that still gets eaten from Str 10 shots/meltas/whatever while it can only shot 1 gun if it's moving 12''.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 00:44

Orks are terrible at ranged combat, and generally have lower power heavy weapons... They might get 5 or 6 str 8 shots (via Rokkit Launchas, Kustom Mega Blastas, and Boom Guns), all of which are extremely overprices (except the Rokkit Launchas). Since they miss on a 4-, theres very little threat from them... Their real heavy weapons threat (lootas) eat it in CC, and at most can glance the Dais (str 7).

Or long story short, the only Str 8+ weapons they have are CC weapons, they have inferior mobility, and are terrible at range.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 01:52

i am converting a dias for this purpose!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 03:59

I've never seen it, but watch out for Tankbustas who get Tankhammers, a two handed melee weapon that counts as Str10, and it's a (5pt?) upgrade... They come standard with a tankbusta bomb (6+2d6 armor pen), and bomb squiqs (18" str 8, hits on a 2+... but hits their own vehicles a 1.

Zzap guns have 2d6 Str (basically 3d6 armor pen), but are artillery so relatively easy to deal with, lose one member of the team on a str roll of 10 or more, and automatically cause a shaken result on a glance or pen, along with the damage result... again, never seen these guys.

Deff Dreads and Killa Kans also have Str 10 CC weapons. With dreads being able to take 4 dreadnaught CCW (putting it at 5 attacks, from 3 since it comes standard with 2). This is really the only one I see on a regular basis, so be wary of that, but it should be relatively easy for you to avoid these guys.

Shokk Attack Guns... Another 2d6 weapon, but it's so rediculous I can't see anyone realistically using it... (Roll of double 1's kill the user).

Remember, all of their ranged weapons rely on the orks amazing BS of 2.

PostSubject: Re: Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place   Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire Games GT 2011 Dark Eldar 2nd place
Page 1 of 1