THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The 13 Foundations of Vengence

Go down 
+6
CaptainBalroga
V'rach
Ruke
Lady Malys
Cavash
Peteman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Peteman
Slave

The 13 Foundations of Vengence Empty
PostSubject: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 18:17

On page 20 of the codex it says that, just as Vect begins to rise in power he establishes the 13 foundations of vengence. But the Codex doesn't say what these foundations are; so i thought it would be fun to make up our own.

Foundation 1: Don't get caught.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 18:48

I imagine it would include:
Do not comprimise your scheme,
Strike only when victory is guaranteed,
Do not give away your plan,
Trust nobody, not even those involved,
In case of disaster, maintain a backup plan,
Secure an escape route,
Know thy enemy.

After these basics I begin to struggle.

The 13 Foundations of Vengence YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 20:15

There are some mentioned in Path of the Renegade, but the only one I can remember right now is "Once committed, do not fear the blade" Smile

What about:

- Always wear a mask beneath the mask (let no-one see your true intentions)

- A crippled enemy is a future foe (don't do half a job on taking out your rivals)

- Of all your allies, I am the only one you can trust (both 'the only person you can trust is yourself', and try to convince your allies that only you can truly be relied upon, not those other treacherous devils...)

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 21:50

Quote :
- A crippled enemy is a future foe (don't do half a job on taking out your rivals)

+1

Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 07:20

One from Path of the Renegade was exess caution will put 100 knives at your back instead of 1 at your front.

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 07:44

Path of the Renegade also has a character mention that there are hundreds of aphorisms attributed to be among the original 13 Foundations of Vengeance. Most of them emphasize how strong, individualistic people prosper while weak ones who rely on others deserve to fail. Maybe Asdrubael Vect is a fan of Atlas Shrugged...AND FOR THAT HE MUST BE PUNISHED!

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 19:39

For that ... as well as a couple of other things ...

Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 08:30

One of them, quoted in Path of the Renegade, is 'if you want something attended to satisfactorily, you must attend to it yourself.'

Dark Eldar? Grimdark? What a silly idea. The Adventures of I-XV7-DM
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3020p20-the-adventures-of-i-xv7-dm

Back after hiatus. For Commorragh!
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2012, 03:52

No Gods, or Kings, only Vect.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 05:59

oh, I forgot, another one is 'an enemy cannot be presumed dead unless a body is found'.

Lady Malys wrote:
For that ... as well as a couple of other things ...

The fact that someone with that username said that made me chuckle. Evilly, of course.

Dark Eldar? Grimdark? What a silly idea. The Adventures of I-XV7-DM
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3020p20-the-adventures-of-i-xv7-dm

Back after hiatus. For Commorragh!
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 07:14

Painbiro wrote:
oh, I forgot, another one is 'an enemy cannot be presumed dead unless a body is found'.

"...except when the body is missing a hand, or even an organ or two, you know about Master Haemonculi, right?"

Admittedly, the unabridged version is significantly less pithy.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 19:06

Quote :
The fact that someone with that username said that made me chuckle. Evilly, of course.

I know a cue when I hear one Very Happy

Hmm, what about "Unless all of your enemy can be found, do not presume their demise."?

Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 20:30

When you say all I assume you mean pieces?

how about "All the tools to gaining power are expendable without exception"

Or "Never forget to reward those who know/partake in your plans with cold steel" ?
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 23:27

I did mean pieces, but it will serve for numbers too Smile

Quote :
"All the tools to gaining power are expendable without exception"

I like this one. In fact, they're both good Very Happy Puts me in mind of slaves executed after building a palace. After all, one can always get more slaves.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 23:29

Depends on the race of the slaves. Mon-Keigh, yes, rare multi dimensional Saruthi? I wouldn't want to execute them.

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 23:31

Oh, well if you must use rare specimens for mundane tasks, that's just conspicuous consumption Wink

Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 11:45

Cavash wrote:
Depends on the race of the slaves. Mon-Keigh, yes, rare multi dimensional Saruthi? I wouldn't want to execute them.

Well, in the case of the Saruthi, executing them could bring a greater benefit than their continued existance ever could. After all, if they're so rare, then the Archon who executes them out-of-hand once they've done their task must be damned powerful indeed, if such a 'waste' doesn't matter to him.

Remember, in the halls of Commorragh, it's the facade you display that matters, not the true strength underneath it. The weakest Archon in Commorragh can exist without fear if his foes believe him strong without limits. Similarly, a strong Archon will become weak if that is the mask he wears.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 12:28

Aroshamash wrote:

Remember, in the halls of Commorragh, it's the facade you display that matters, not the true strength underneath it. The weakest Archon in Commorragh can exist without fear if his foes believe him strong without limits. Similarly, a strong Archon will become weak if that is the mask he wears.

I suppose so, and it would be funny to see the look on your Warriors' faces when you command them to execute a race they struggled to enslave, but I would rather keep them in cages and release them into an enemy Archon's territory before I invade, as to make a distraction.

Of course, if you are the only Archon with Saruthi then people would be suspicious of random Saruthi sightings, but it doesn't matter, as many Wych Cults and Kabals would come to you, seeking to obtain your Saruthi for their Wych Pits or their Courts. Of course, they could always try to invade, but if you have plucked a multi-dimensional race out of hiding then you must be rather cunning and calculating, hence you should be able to defeat them with trickery if you do not possess high numbers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations of Vengence   The 13 Foundations of Vengence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 13 Foundations of Vengence
Page 1 of 1