THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) Empty
PostSubject: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 20:26

Eventually, it would be nice to have all thriteen writen out. So far, here are five (and one possibility) taken from the pages of Path of the Renegade.

1) If someone wrongs you, pursue vengence regardless of the cost.

2) Once committed, fear not the blade. (That is, don't be bothered by whatever harm might come your way in the course of seeking vengence).

3) Protect yourself and your position. (This one is a maybe... it's said in such a way that it could be a quote of one of Vect's Laws, and the contradicotry clash with Foundation 1 seems like the kind of fine-line-walking Vect likes to put everyone through... pg 340)

4) Excess caution puts a hundred daggers at one's back, instead of just one to the front. ( Meaning that in the wake of a failed attempt on your life, you must continue to maintain a public profile.)

5) An enemy can never be presumed dead unless their body be displayed.

6) If you want something attended to satisfacorally, you must attend to it yourself.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 05:15

Maybe we'll get more in Path of the Incubus? Really, I've been curious about what they are for the longest time and there doesn't seem to be an answer anywhere.

Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 16:34

UPDATE: I'm going to try and insert this one into my latest BL short story.

#13 - Above all else, the Dark City must endure
(meaning that one's venegence cannot involve such means or weapons that might destroy Commorragh as a whole. Also known as the "no nukes" rule Wink )
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 22:00

This might be of some use: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2964-the-13-foundations-of-vengence

The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2014, 18:55

Quote :
UPDATE: I'm going to try and insert this one into my latest BL short story.

May we know anything more about this, or is it still a secret on pain of death? Very Happy

I can't think of any further published Foundations, though I am sure we could come up with more here ...

Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 12:08

I've just submitted  a longer, more detailed version of how the Nightspur Reaver Covenant defeated Dread Archon Surasis Grief and stole the Tantalus designs.

In it, one of the reavers concedes that he cannot match the Tantalus with direct firepower... since the pulse disintegrators it carries are actually stock parts from a starship. This makes him think of the Thirteenth Foundation, and that if Grief isn't violating that rule with said weapons, then he certainly is pushing the envelope.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 14:46

Ah, thank you, I look forward to reading it!

It's true; Vect suffers no-one else to break his toys. And to be fair to Vect (I can do that Very Happy ), it's not smart to disintegrate the house one is living in.

"Only fools fight in a burning house."

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 01:16

It's not labelled a Foundation but this sounds very like one to me, from Path of the Archon:

"Enemies are everywhere. Wisdom comes from knowing which ones to eliminate first."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)   The 13 Foundations (of Vengence) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 13 Foundations (of Vengence)
Page 1 of 1