THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark Temple

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 23:30

One of the most secretive of the Incubi shrines in Commoragh is the shrine called the Dark Temple. Its location is unknown to most; some claim it is even to be sometimes found on several different places at once, or nowhere at all. The few who knows the truth of it outside of the shrine is only the Great Hierarch, and also Taro Nagae, Archon of the Shadow Phoenix Kabal. The reason of him knowing the secret is yet to be told, but it is true that Nagae are the one who hires the Incubi of the Dark Temple most frequently.

The warsuits of the Dark Temple Incubi are coloured greyish purple with brightly grey helmets, and their klaives holds runes glowing green.

Their Hierarch is almost as enigmatic as Drazhar, known only as the Dusk Knight. In contrast to the Incubi of the shrine, he does not use a klaive in battle but a strange two-bladed scythe, allowing him to strike down enemies in front of him as well as behind him in a single blow.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Thu Oct 20 2011, 15:23; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:26

I love reading notes. I can't wait to read more.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 22:25

The higher warriors which leads the Incubi of the Dark Temple are suitably enough called Dark Templars. All Incubi of the Dark Temple train in many different kinds of war, but when an Incubus has gained the title of Dark Templar he may choose to instead of leading squads of Incubi take up the task of assassination, becoming what is called a Living Shadow. Thus some Dark Templars work alone, silently stalking and killing whoever the employer wants dead. The usual weapons used by these are demiklaives, although they sometimes use powered daggers quite similar to the weapons used by wyches to make sure their foe die a death as silent as possible.

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Tue Aug 02 2011, 08:50; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 22:34

Ok... I need a name over here. Does anyone have a suitable name for the Dusk Knight's scythe? I was thinking about something along with the words Gemini or Twin (as it is double bladed), or maybe Crow... Something.... Or Silence, or Dawn (though that might make it a bit too similar to Farsight's Dawn Blade).

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 22:37

Drawing a blank. Let me think about it.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 21:20

How does -bringer sound? Griefbringer, Dawnbringer, Sorrowbringer?

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 21:38

Harbinger sounds better than -bringer. Harbinger of Sorrow?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 22:36

Hmm, maybe then just name it the Harbinger...

The Dusk Knight uses a strange twin-bladed scythe in battle, known as the Harbinger, allowing him to strike down enemies in front of him as well as behind him in a single blow. What the weapon is the Harbinger of is unknown, but each and everyone who has seen the Dusk Knight in battle has their own belief, and not a single one is a pleasant one...

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 00:40

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 13:19

Just thought it would be fitting to post some pics of my various members of the Dark Temple

The Dark Temple L1170752
The Dark Temple L1170753
The Dark Temple L1180390
The Dark Temple L1200131

The Main Venom of the Shrine:
The Dark Temple L1170421

And finally, the Hierarch - The Dusk Knight, with the Harbinger in his hand.
The Dark Temple L1180072
The Dark Temple L1180074
The Dark Temple L1180073

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dark Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Temple   The Dark Temple I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Temple
Page 1 of 1