THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 points no comp tournament

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

1500 points no comp tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1500 points no comp tournament   1500 points no comp tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 21:04

I am planning to attend a 1500 points 1 day tournament with Dark Eldar. There is no comp and I expect to face loads of Grey, Silver and Red Marines.

This is somewhat of a "work in progress" and a bit rambling so bear with me, I am open to most suggestions at this point Smile

The list is a pretty standard scaled down venom spam list, I am considering taking Disintegrator Cannons on either the raider or one of the ravagers just to give me a bit more punch against the red/grey/silver marines. I have considered dropping the Heamy and Wracks adding in another squad of Warriors and a couple of extra dogs with the Beastmasters but I am unsure what it will add to the list. FnP on the Wyches is golden in my experience. I could drop the Wracks and add another squad of Kabalites...

• The Baron starts with the Wracks, takes the pain token and then join the beasts.
  • The Wracks hug my backfield and sit on objectives, generally trying to stay out of trouble.
  • Heamy joins Wyches and steals their ride when they nick his pain token to do their thing he drives around causing mayhem with his Liquifier gun.
  • The Kabalites try to survive and shoot stuff, depending on the opponent they will stay mounted or dismount, grabbing objectives on turn 5 or 6 as needed.
  • Trueborn do their ritual kamikaze thing against armour, I dont expect them to survive for more than 1-2 turns. Hopefully each squad will pop at least one transport giving the venoms something to shoot at.
  • The Ravagers shoot stuff, hopefully before they themselves are reduced to smoking wrecks.

I am presuming that its better to try to kill off all the scoring units in the enemy army rather than trying to actually hold more than one objective, especially in 1500 points. I will try to place an objective out of LOS so the Wracks can go to ground and stay out of sight for the entire battle.

I will try to use the Beastmaster unit, supported by the Baron (grenades Smile) as a "counter charge" threat, I am hoping it will attract loads of firepower and with Stealth, 4+ inv saves, fnp on the beastmasters and wound shenanigans it should be able to soak quite a lot.

My primary answer to av 14 is the Wyches, sadly enough, barring a lucky darklight shot. If there isnt any AV14 around they will try to hunt transports or tarpit something.

Quote :
Baron Sathonyx - 105 pts

Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun 60 pts

Kabalite Trueborn - 146 pts
3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blaster
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn - 146 pts
3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blaster
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Wracks - 95 pts
3 Wracks
Venom, Splinter Cannon