THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Soul Prison

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:40

The myriad of unfortunate fates awaiting Dark Eldar prisoners are many. Some are thrown into the arena and made to fight. Some must attend to the pleasures of their new masters. But an unfortunate few face the dreaded Extraction, a rare technique whereby their soul is removed and placed in a casket along with other souls. This casket can then be used as a power source for the Soul Prisons, strange constructs made as a mocking facsimile of the Wraithlords of the Craftworlds. In battle, they actively seek new souls to join them in the vain hope that once enough are gathered they will be set free.

A Soul Prison is a Heavy Support choice in a Dark Eldar army.

Cost: 140 points

WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/Ld/Sv
5/3/7/7/3/4/D3+2/10/3+

Unit: 1 Soul Prison

Unit Type: Monstrous Creature

Wargear: Armoured Carapace, Close Combat Weapon, two Splinter Rifles

Options: Replace the two Splinter Rifles with:
Pair of Shardcarbines...+10 points
Pair of Liquifier Guns...+20 points

Take a Djinn Blade...+30 points

Special Rules: Night Vision, Fearless, Move Through Cover, Soul Casket, Maelstrom of Torture

Soul Casket: Soul Prisons are powered by tortured souls contained within it, and their energy can be expended in powerful attacks. Soul Prisons accumulate Pain Tokens in the same way as a unit with Power From Pain, but gains no bonuses from them. During the Assault Phase, you may subtract D3 Pain Tokens from the Soul Prison to re-roll all To Wound rolls it makes that turn. If the Soul Prison would lose more tokens than it actually possesses, subtract all remaining tokens.

Maelstrom of Torture: The casket within the Soul Prison cannot fully contain the souls within, and occasionally they may escape for a moment before being dragged back in. During the Movement Phase, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 or 2 the souls rebel. The Soul Prison may not act that turn, and immediately fires a weapon with the following profile:

Range: 36"/Strength: 4+X/AP:4/Type: Assault 1, Large Blast, Pinning, Ignores Cover

The attack suffers a -1 penalty on the Vehicle Damage Chart, and X is equal to the amount of Pain Tokens the Soul Prison has.

No pic until I finally convert one out of a Wraithlord with tentacles.

Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 00:10

did just read th description... Embarassed

and i love it!
*waiting for the pix*

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 10:18

cool idea, but I'm not sure where it would get the tokens to use the soul casket ability. One token per unit destroyed, but d3 to use. Maybe if you gave rule similar to chronos, gets a token for each round of melee it kills a model, can't transfer to different unit like chronos, then it could use the soul casket rule every few rounds once it started hacking away. Won't affect outcomes much, already wounding most things on 2+, but it would show off flavourful rule more often.
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 06:31

I seem to think that the one in three chance is a bit over the top with Maelstrom of torture. The roll of 1 should be enough if you want it unpridictable. But apart from that, it shines in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 11:23

I think it sounds like a very interesting idea; particularly as a defilement of the Wraithlords and -guards. May I suggest that you could use the Maulerfiend-tendrils for tentacles?

abjectus wrote:
cool idea, but I'm not sure where it would get the tokens to use the soul casket ability. One token per unit destroyed, but d3 to use. Maybe if you gave rule similar to chronos, gets a token for each round of melee it kills a model, can't transfer to different unit like chronos, then it could use the soul casket rule every few rounds once it started hacking away. Won't affect outcomes much, already wounding most things on 2+, but it would show off flavourful rule more often.

I agree here, though I suppose it would work quite well combined with a Chronos?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soul Prison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Prison   Soul Prison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Prison
Page 1 of 1