THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Project: warhammer veteran / 40k novice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSword
Slave

Project: warhammer veteran / 40k novice Empty
PostSubject: Project: warhammer veteran / 40k novice   Project: warhammer veteran / 40k novice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 12:04

Well I've been 20 years playing warhammer, skaven, high elves, ogre kingdoms, night goblins and of course Dark elves. I've always been one of those players who paints to play, a couple of base colors and a few washes and I'm spent - particularly when you're trying to paint 150 nigh identical clan rats.

With a new edition and after getting really excited about Dark Heresy i decided to kill three birds with one stone. Start warhammer 40, put some real effort into painting, and collect the coolest looking army GW have produced.

I'm starting simple, I bought the new painting guide and I'm gonna see whether I can turn out a fun army with some decent conversions to a good standard. Today I spent an hour with the guy in GW Leicester working out which of the 52 paints in the book I had already (or which we're particularly good). 25 new paints a couple of brushes and the painting station in the bag.

Oh yeah, I also bought a box of Kabalite warriors. So I've made up 5 models and cleaned them. They're basic warriors with splinter rifles only. Lastly I need a name for this Kabal, something to strike fear into the hearts of the Tau (that my brother is starting at the same time). More on that soon!
Back to top Go down

Project: warhammer veteran / 40k novice
Page 1 of 1