THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?

Go down 
+2
CaptainBalroga
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 21:14

The hockey playoffs will be finished next week, so there's no excuse not to get some decent work done in June.

So what you going to build/paint/convert this month?

Make a vow and then at the end of the month, show us your progress with a picture ...... (remember, a picture or a link here in this thread or it didn't happen! Evil or Very Mad ).

This is a great way to motivate yourself and others, or just humiliate yourself a bit more publicly ....... and at the end, you will have a new, tabletop-ready piece or unit ready to cause mischief with against the accursed mon-keigh Very Happy

And I am going to kick off this month with a promise to finish one of the new Ork Bommerz - build it, konvert it and paint it. Bloo of course, 'cos dat's only proppa.

I am remaining faithful to the True Kin you understand, this is simply a convenient way to practice and hone my flyer painting skills before the official Void Raven model arrives in August, as our fearless leader Sky has promised Very Happy

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Jul 02 2012, 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 21:40

I vow to finish updating the basecoats of my troops and skimmers, and to detail and base the troops to boot. That's 20 Warriors, 4 Venoms, 3 Raiders, 2 Ravagers, 2 Razorwings. Oh, and magnetize the dang Ravagers for transport and so I can use as Raiders more easily.

That's 1 squad and 3 skimmers per week, which is why I won't vow to detail the skimmers. I'm still cutting my teeth on this whole painting thing!

Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 21:47

I vow to finish my three Reavers and perhaps start my first Raider. I have to keep it simple. So much to do. Sad

Michael

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 12:41

I vow to finish my Razorwing.

I gave myself a fair bit to do last month, and then I folishly purchased a Razorwing, then got distracted by other things, so I vow to finish my Razorwing!

(If I get distracted again, pleases, somebody, slap me with a wet Salmon.)

The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 13:47

Gobsmakked wrote:
The hockey playoffs will be finished next week, so there's no excuse not to get some decent work done in June.
I think that a team from So-Cal most-likely winning the cup is why the Mayan calender really ends in 2012 Razz

A bit busy this month with my teaching schedule ending and Master's thesis writing in full swing, but I should be able to get the following done:
-Finish the last of the Hellion gang(5 models)
-Start whatever I will be painting for the 4th round of the Archon's Challenge
-I might take a crack at painting a bit more on the Ravager that has been haunting my desk for months now, OR I might start modeling my Incubi Venom.
-Actually play a game now that I might have an actual day to play this month cheers

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 23:15

next round of the archon's challenge after I finish my reavers and razorwing. I round 4 of the archon's challenge is fast attack, I'll start on my troops choices, got a ton of warriors to paint up!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 06:35

Gobsmakked wrote:

............ And I am going to kick off this month with a promise to finish one of the new Ork Bommerz - build it, konvert it and paint it. Bloo of course, 'cos dat's only proppa.

Done [linky], and I finished before the end of the hockey playoffs!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:34

Updates people? Enquiring minds need to know Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:47

Right, I got off to a good start with my Razorwing at the begining of the month. It was a large, exciting model that I just couldn't wait to paint. I didn't complete it fully, but I thought I'd like to spread out the jo of painting it... if you believe that exuse. Razz
The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? 102_0720

Oh, and great job with your fliers, byt the way, Gob.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 18:38

Thank you very much Cavash. I really like the colour scheme on your Razorwing, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 02:11

Thanks Gob. I painted it the way I paint everything, drybrushing and washes. It should, hopefuly, be finished by the end of the week.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 10:15

CaptainBalroga wrote:
I vow to finish updating the basecoats of my troops and skimmers, and to detail and base the troops to boot. That's 20 Warriors, 4 Venoms, 3 Raiders, 2 Ravagers, 2 Razorwings. Oh, and magnetize the dang Ravagers for transport and so I can use as Raiders more easily.

That's 1 squad and 3 skimmers per week, which is why I won't vow to detail the skimmers. I'm still cutting my teeth on this whole painting thing!

Ha ha...magnetizing. I haven't gone back to using Ravagers yet, so I didn't get around to it. My vehicle plans also changed, I basecoated everything in bright green and black, but a friendly GW employee showed me a technique to get some really cool gradients, so I'm doing that now. The base is actually a return to my original army shade from 3rd Edition, 10 years ago. Caliban Green, known back then as Dark Angels Green! My Warriors are finished, though I forgot to base/cleanup a solid 10. I blame being distracted by my Wyches and Incubi, as well as some 6mm minis.

The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? 2012-07-04_04-27-29_784

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?   The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - June - Wotcha gunna do?
Page 1 of 1