THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sharing the Pain.

Go down 
+4
The New AIDS
Ruke
Enfernux
Azdrubael
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 16:05

While we wait for 6th edition change everything we can dawdle a bit on a pain we suffered during 5th.

We all have stories how shattershard take most of paladin's unit, how multicharged on first turn and sent enemy to oblivion soon after, how single archon mulched face of half of the enemuies army. That thread is not about such stories pirat .

Please share your pain with the rest of your commorites, like half your army get blown at turn 1 and or some spectacular rolls to hit to a single bloody enemy model.
Share what lessons did you bring out from this metaphorical holliday visit to a Haemounculus lab =).

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 19:19

Do not play against vendetta spam or tank spam ig.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 21:28

A webway portal list is probably not best used against Chimera w/flamer spam IG when your list is primarily composed of wyches and bloodbrides.

Stay out of the blast radius when you kill tanks while using harlies, as they never get FNP.

If you're fighting a greater demon of nurgle, make sure Vect is in base to base with it, else it's probably gonna pulverize your talos, bloodbrides, and HQ...

when you multiassault tanks with wyches, actually roll a hit or two, and then a glance or two with your HWG's.

If you have a suicide squad, make sure it targets something worth targeting... like the greater demon instead of the demon prince...

WWP vs daemons = fail

WWP vs deepstrike army = always go second

WWP = lots of practice

Wracks + Venom > Warriors + Venom

Dais = LOLZ

Hellion

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 01:29

Sliscus' shadowfield, is, in fact, for decoration. I found out because for my four and only games where he's taken a wound AT ALL (including before saves), he has failed the first save and been killed. Otherwise he hasn't even been looked at (what are the damn clothes for anyways!).

It is my sincere belief he has a deathly fear of shuriken cannons.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 01:51

Wait...he died to those craftworld made in thaivan children's toys for Commorragh? LoL Very Happy
And the shadowfield failing is why i use clonefields

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 02:19

Turn 2, against C:SM. His 4-plasma Command squad has Podded onto the field. My Incubi line up for assault, needing just 2 or more for their Fleet to make it.

I recall grinning with confidence as I threw the die. Sad

The New AIDS
Hellion

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 02:20

Clone fields don't help against guns...

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 02:23

well yes. Thats why you have to keep'em in cc as meny times as you can. Sliscus...well he aint that much of a melee man as i find out. You dont put them with incubi, wyches, wracks, grotesques. You put them with cannonborn mostly or something similar. And since all other squads are better for wound alocation, than borns - eather larger in number against shooting or have better armor or fnp...

@ Raneth well...sometimes dice gods willing Sad

Last edited by Enfernux on Sun Jun 03 2012, 02:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 02:25

IDK. I've never played with Sliscus but after he's passed his boon to the Dakkaborn I reckon he'd be best off among some Wyches.

The New AIDS
Hellion

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 03:00

That's what I do. Hop him form warriors to some bloodbrides. This works well.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 03:46

Enemy has two units of Long Fangs in two towers. Two Razorwings come out of reserve. First Razorwing unloads: 3/4 missiles scatter off, Disintegrators roll 1's to wound, the frickin' Splinter Cannon barely manages to snag 1 Lascannon. Might as well target the other, intact squad with my second Razorwing, right? Beautiful missile hits, wonderful wounding, everything looks good.

Until he makes 15/16 of his saves. We should have our Incubi buy their power armor from wherever Logan Grimnar picks his up.

Oh, and 7 darklight weapons on the ground failed to ding any vehicles that turn. Feels bad, man.

Hellion
steev

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 11:10

Having vect join a squad of wyches charging into assault only to lose the combat by 1 and have the wyches flee carrying vect from the battlefield is embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 13:08

having Vect join wyches was the problem in the first place. Nothing personal, but that was just realy...iduno...
A nother thing: dont shoot 40+ poisoned shots in to a squad of Wraithguard with a conceal lock. It wont do any good, espechially if they have fortune. Have the incubi deal with it. Sadly, when i realised they are not falling fast enough, i was still with my shooty army. Tough luck.

Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 02:12

Enfernux wrote:
having Vect join wyches was the problem in the first place. Nothing personal, but that was just realy...iduno...

agreed.

but it is worth noting that it is equally embarrassing when you dont join the wyches, win combat in one turn and then have vect peppered to death by rapid firing bolters whilst the wyches watch thinking 'that's gotta hurt'

Last edited by steev on Mon Jun 04 2012, 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Mayhem
Hellion

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 05:48

don't get too ballsy with deepstriking a jetfighter, otherwise you'll end up somehow.. tripping over a marine and lawn-darting into a rock

Wych
Ruke

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 08:10

This one just happened tonight.

When a battlewagon with a deffrolla tank shocks you, get the hell out of the way. You're going to take d6 str 10 hits regardless of whether or not you stop the tankshock. On top of that, if you DO death or glory and successfully stop the battlewagon, you STILL take an additional d6 str 10 hits (if you fail to move when tank shocked or death or glory, you take 2d6 str 10 hits, regardless of whether or not you stop the tanks shock.) It's kind of the dumbest rule I have ever read... Because I tried to let common sense dictate my actions, 8 members of a 10 member wych squad bit it.

Dont line up another template before your opponent removes EVERY SINGLE ONE of the casualties from the previous template. (he was being super slow)

Hellion

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 08:32

Oh, that cannot happen. I the template rules it states you MUST hit as many models as possible, so if he removes the casualties, you have to make sure the template hits something if it can, as the rules state that you must.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 19:42

I still hit like 8 models, but i could have hit 9 if he hadnt removed one of the models under the template... XD

Sharing the Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Pain.   Sharing the Pain. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing the Pain.
Page 1 of 1