THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can Dark Eldar feel love?

Go down 
+12
Urien_Rakarth
Jack Russel
Aroshamash
Archon
kargenetic
Nomic
Radium
Rangrok1k
Local_Ork
GrenAcid
Xelkireth
Torpedo Vegas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tivarox
Slave
Tivarox

Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 00:00

I would have to say Yes, but they often reject, or don't always like it.
The Eldar race as a whole was a race capable of experiencing emotion to a far greater level than any other race in the known universe. As this was the way it was though, they became obsessed with the highs they received from emotions, making them selfish. Love, being a purely SELFLESS emotion, would be an emotion forgotten by them in their lust for stronger emotions for themselves to experience. Love would then become the weakest emotion they experience in their selfishness. The strongest emotions for them, obviously those of pain and inflicting pain, are emotions that Cannot be given, and only taken. hence, the Lust being stronger than Love, darker emotions are more self focused which is why they are the emotions they seek, because they are obsessed with emational highs.
Back to top Go down
Khrivaan
Hellion
Khrivaan

PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 00:08

Tivarox wrote:
Love, being a purely SELFLESS emotion

Love is a selfish emotion with a few selfless characteristics. As has been discussed, love manifests as emotional possession in Commorragh.
Back to top Go down
Tivarox
Slave
Tivarox

PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 00:16

that's not LOVE the emotion
that's a different feeling, that's wanting something from a person to feel good.
emotional possesion is the closest words they have to express it. It has been a long time since the Fall, and languages change over time, True Love is something they gave up long ago in search of more selfish gratification
Back to top Go down
Khrivaan
Hellion
Khrivaan

PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 00:29

Love is the attachment to a person because of the way they make us feel. Some people take the compassionate approach by respecting the subject's feelings despite their desires for companionship (a subtle proxy for ownership). Some take the jealous and potentially abusive approach by claiming virtual ownership (still the pretence of companionship). Dark Eldar take the latter, without the virtual. Their take on companionship becomes the desire for emotional submission.
Back to top Go down
killfrenzy
Hellion
killfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 10:16

I think Mistress Baeda's Gift shows how a father can love his daughter.

But this is Dark Eldar; his mind is based upon selfishness as the highest goal, so he is oblivious to this feeling and is confused with his emotional reaction to her death, because it lies beyond his conceptual ability.

So, he runs to the one he was trying to possess, the one who indirectly caused his daughters death... and his grief is seen as a novelty worth trading for the romantic relationship he sought.

It's a very good story. The themes are very appropriate. Bit silly in places though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Dark Eldar feel love?   Can Dark Eldar feel love? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Dark Eldar feel love?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2