THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flyers and Passenger Shooting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

Flyers and Passenger Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 08:45

Hi all,

Quick question here:

The Splinter Raid Force Apocalypse Formation has a special rule called "Death From the Skies." In a nutshell, it states that the Archon's Raider is placed anywhere on the table and that the rest of the formation is placed on the table within 12". The Formation has Flyer rules until the end of the turn.

My question is this: Can the embarked warriors shoot from their transport in that first shooting phase; if not, the reasons why not; and if so, can a Warrior with a heavy weapon (such as a Dark Lance) fire his weapon?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 17:09

Unless a Flyer move count as being equal or less 6 inches, and obviously it doesn't count, passengers are not able to shoot from the vehicle.

This formation is made to deliver your kabalites quite safely (impacted as flyers, add flickerfields and nightshields) in the middle of an Apocalypse battle, being able to do something at least for a turn...

One thing, you should be able to add kabalite trueborn to the Raid, and use Vect or Malys as Archons, but ask first. I don't know if venoms should be included. You know, Raiders belong to the Raid... but venoms got more Splinter stuff Wink
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 19:02

Not trying to be make everything difficult here; just trying to understand.

But is the Splinter Raid actually moving? Intuitively, the answer is yes but Death From the Skies just says place and doesn't say that the unit counts as moving or stationary.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 22:19

it says they count as fliers and fliers have to move every turn

12" i think
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 22:32

no, its a minimum of 36" (except for nightwing, only 18" ). That's why they tend to go in and out of the board in an Apoc game.

The Raid enter the board the same way as a flyer (anywhere in the board), and counts as having moved that way, so the next enemy turn it follows the same rules.
For me it makes sense... but it's just an opinion!!!
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 23:19

Eldur wrote:

For me it makes sense... but it's just an opinion!!!

Wasn't trying to be confrontational, just looking for the answer. It makes intuitive sense to me as well.

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 23:27

I hope I didn't look like in a confrontational attitude!! only trying to help Very Happy

If you go Apocalypse, then come back with a report!!
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 00:11

You weren't at all. Sometimes I come off that way.

I'll be sure to document my glorious Real Space raid. If all goes well, there will be many slaves to go around. If not...there'll be many slaves to go around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyers and Passenger Shooting   Flyers and Passenger Shooting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyers and Passenger Shooting
Page 1 of 1