THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Airbrushing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron_Judas
Slave
Baron_Judas

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 19:08

Hi Dark City,

before I start painting my dark eldar forces, I was tempted to get an air brush in order to paint smooth vehicles, and seen as I've seen plebty of expert air-brushers on here, I thought I'd ask for a recommendation. So, what make should I go for, and what exactly does it involve?

Thanks,

Baron Judas
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 23:44

G'day Baron Judas,

There was a fair amount of discussion about this a few months ago in another thread, you can view it here

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t421-airbrush

It also has some links to other discussions and recommendations elsewhere, I'm sure you would find it a good starting point.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Baron_Judas
Slave
Baron_Judas

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:12

Thanks Gobsmakked,

Though I've thouroughly looked at airbrushes and there's no way I can afford one, not now anyway, so thankyou, I hope that info comes into use in the future.

Baron Judas
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:38

Thought I'd chime in. I highly recommend this one:
http://www.testors.com/product/137119/A4702/_/Solo_Resin_Airbrush_Set
You can pick these up on Ebay fairly cheap. Great workhorse airbrush. Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to...well, everything. The model that I linked to is one of the more basic versions. I have one of the models that comes with more attachments and nozzles. With all of those options, I only use the stuff that comes with the basic model Razz The airbrush itself is exactly the same. Add compressor and moisture trap, done. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Shadowsnip
Slave

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 04:27

Listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about. You'll see your models look AT LEAST twice as good when you start airbrushing. You can base models 10x quicker and on top of that you can make perfect shading after using it a few times. If I was home I'd post my improvements from just using a brush to airbrushing.

Just be sure to clean it after every use. Be sure to look at YouTube for tutorials on cleaning them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbrushing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbrushing   Airbrushing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbrushing
Page 1 of 1