THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pts DE 6th Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DGL
Slave
DGL

1850pts DE 6th Edition Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 14:06

So I was trying to make a fairly competetive list that is still fun to use. So far, that's what I got:

HQ:
1x Autarch on jetbike /w Fusion gun // to make my flyers come early
--> 110
1x Baron // comes to the Beastmasters
--> 105

Troops:
9x wyches /w HWG, Hekatrix/w Agoniser, Raider/w Aethersails
--> 203
--> 203
5x Rangers
--> 95

Fast Attack:
4x Beastmasters /w 7x Khymeras and 4x Razorwing
--> 204
6x Reavers /w 2x HL
--> 156

Heavy support:
Voidraven /w 4x Shatterfield and FF
--> 195
--> 195
--> 195

That leaves me with 284pts left. I am still not sure about the beastmaster unit. never used them before so I don't know which and how many beasts I should take. I know I still need some Troops, but I dont't know if our Dakka Venoms are still as effective as they were. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sendreavus
Hellion
Sendreavus

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 18:26

DGL wrote:
So I was trying to make a fairly competetive list that is still fun to use. So far, that's what I got:

HQ:
1x Autarch on jetbike /w Fusion gun // to make my flyers come early
--> 110
1x Baron // comes to the Beastmasters
--> 105

Troops:
--> 203
--> 203
5x Rangers
--> 95

Fast Attack:
4x Beastmasters /w 7x Khymeras and 4x Razorwing
--> 204
6x Reavers /w 2x HL
--> 156

Heavy support:
--> 195
--> 195
--> 195

That leaves me with 284pts left. I am still not sure about the beastmaster unit. never used them before so I don't know which and how many beasts I should take. I know I still need some Troops, but I dont't know if our Dakka Venoms are still as effective as they were. What do you think?

You said you needed troops right? Since you have baron why not a blob of hellions for some mixed shooty/assaulty goodness? They can put out a lot of splinter fire, are jump infantry so can get a free strike from Hammer of Wrath when you feel like assaulting.

Dakka venoms are just as effective(if not more so due to the more general cover save being 5+)

-My two souls
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 02:54

I don't see how the change in cover affect the venoms since pretty much anyone got an armor save vs splinter fire...

As for beastmaster... I used to run 5 Kymera and 4 Razorwing flocks. But with the new wound allocation I'm not sure anymore since I can't allocate ID wounds to Kym easily...
Back to top Go down
RocketRollRebel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 16:17

I love the barons with hellions and it does give you a large and effective scoring unit. One thing that I've been noticing as well is a lot of people still seem to be adding agonizers to their Hekatrix, but now that it is ap3 I'm just not sure about the price tag on it and have been strongly leaning towards venom blade instead. Not a power weapon sure, but since you cant ignore 2+, you might as well go for volume of wounds (and even a re roll to wound on the charge vs MEQ if you have that 2nd pain token) and save yourself 15pts a unit. That adds up pretty quickly and I think you are still getting an effective weapon vs anything with a 3+ sv or worse. And if you make terminators roll enough dice there are gonna be some ones in there Wink.

Also Dakka Venoms are still great and like Sendreavus said, plus they are almost a bit more durable now. I thought about cutting them but they may switch rides with my warriors (warriors in dakka boats and wyches in venoms with some haywire funzies).

Everything else looks cool though. Jetbikes were a favorite before and now they seem even better. Havent tried the voidraven yet but the new bombing rules sound great so I'm excited to use one.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
DGL
Slave
DGL

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 22:02

I'll test the list a few times in Vassal (finished it now and managed to squeeze in two Dakka Venoms) and then post the results. I think it's is important that we review different units and especially the ones we didn't use too often in the last edition. Maybe we can find a new star that nobody even thought about taking in the last edition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts DE 6th Edition   1850pts DE 6th Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pts DE 6th Edition
Page 1 of 1