THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pronounciations

Go down 
+15
Urien Rakarth
Preacher
Arhra
rider
Aroshamash
killfrenzy
darthplagis
Xelkireth
GrenAcid
Saintspirit
The Strange Dude
Radium
Torpedo Vegas
Baron Tordeck
Sky Serpent
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

Pronounciations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 13:59

Saintspirit wrote:
It's Mah-cragg.

Quote :
Kai-meer-ay
Say what?

Our wonderful 4++ beasts!
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Lysis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 15:09

Xelkireth wrote:
It's Kabbal-ite. We don't drive white vans with ladders and install tv services.

Hah! This would be the best conversion piece ever! A raider with a ladder slung over the side and a warrior with a bright Orange vest and name tag.

I think the only thing that gets butchered locally is Commorragh. I hear...

Com-ah-rah
Com-oh-rah
Com-aura

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
darthplagis
Slave
darthplagis

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2011, 00:01

i dont get why some words like wych and heamunculous are getting mis pronounced, if people have an understanding of the english language (for some it is not a 'native' tongue or even a familliar one at that) then they should know how vowels (both standard vowels and stand in vowels, like the 'y' in wYch) can interact and change how other letters can sound.

from wiki.
Homunculus (masculine, Latin for "little human", plural: "homunculi"; from the diminutive of homo) is a term used, generally, in various fields of study to refer to any representation of a human being. Historically it referred specifically to the concept of a miniature though fully-formed human body, for example, in the studies of alchemy and preformationism. Currently, in scientific fields, a homunculus may refer to any scale model of the human body that, in some way, illustrates physiological, psychological, or other abstract human characteristics or functions.

so Hom-unc-u-lus or in GW terms Heam*-unc-u-lus *(as in blood)

obviously GW change stuff around with spellings and stuff just like a certain pleasure city we all know and love, Commoragh, now change the C to a G, and its sister (now ruined city) Sha-dom change the 'ha' to 'o'. Most people despite any religion will know of the twin cities from the old testament/torah.
so how can there be so much mis pronunciation?

the warp beasts had to have a name chance due to the IG transport that would have shared a name.......... Chimera Ch-eye-me-ra/re or in the warp beasts terms Ky-me-ra/re.

mcragge is said exactly as its spelled (even by terrance stamp in the new ultramarines flick), m-crag or ma-craig depending on your native use of magic E and prefrance to irish or scottish mc/mac (and to some people that dont say craig right, it is not creg its cr-ay-g).
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 06:55

good observation, catching the letter swap for the dark city. I never noticed that, now that you pointed it the pronunciation is obvious. I always just called it the dark city, had no idea how to even attempt to say it before.

History of homunculus was interesting.

sybarite, I pronounce Psi-Brite , Psi-bar-ite may be more correct.
Back to top Go down
darthplagis
Slave
darthplagis

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 13:12

yeah i go for the latter version of sybarite
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 19:41

I usually say syh-barr-eet, but I might be wrong.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:23

I say sib-bar-ite.

Well, if I ever used one, I'd say it like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pronounciations   Pronounciations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pronounciations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-