THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vexator Mask and Challenges

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Vexator Mask and Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 13:54

Isn't the Vexator Mask (see our FAQ) perfect for denying scary IC's or C's of the opponent attacks in 6th now that we can issue challenges?

Imagine a Heamonculi with Vexator Mask and Clone Field (even more anoying) challenging the opponents most prized IC and have him locked down for a turn or 2/3. He hás to accept the challenge or do nothing a turn aswell (which is also fine). And with the aformentioned combo in combination with FnP (or you take Shadow Field instead of Clone Field and use that reroll psychic power of the Farseer) makes him very hard to kill.

Good idea? Twisted Evil

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 14:17

tlronin wrote:
Isn't the Vexator Mask (see our FAQ) perfect for denying scary IC's or C's of the opponent attacks in 6th now that we can issue challenges?

Leadership checks are not that hard to pass for opponents - you would probably need a tormentor grenade thingy to drop the enemy's leadership but I am not certain this combo is really worth it.

Quote :
Imagine a Heamonculi with Vexator Mask and Clone Field

I wish Haemonculi could take the clone field, I like the one on Urien - if the opponent has a small number of attacks it is priceless.

Quote :
(or you take Shadow Field instead of Clone Field and use that reroll psychic power of the Farseer) makes him very hard to kill.

Which one is that called, hopefully not "Fortune" - that one is kind of controversial, not looking to start a fight.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 15:04

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
tlronin wrote:

Leadership checks are not that hard to pass for opponents - you would probably need a tormentor grenade thingy to drop the enemy's leadership but I am not certain this combo is really worth it.

Yeah, you are probably right. Damn high LDs.

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Quote :
Imagine a Heamonculi with Vexator Mask and Clone Field

I wish Haemonculi could take the clone field, I like the one on Urien - if the opponent has a small number of attacks it is priceless.

Oh, am I mistaking? Thought heamie's could take clonefields (no dex w/ me right now). Well it's not that important for this idea.

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Quote :
(or you take Shadow Field instead of Clone Field and use that reroll psychic power of the Farseer) makes him very hard to kill.

Which one is that called, hopefully not "Fortune" - that one is kind of controversial, not looking to start a fight.

Oh is that controversial? I missed that discussion I guess, what's up?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 15:08

tlronin wrote:

I think the argument is over whether "Dark Eldar" are "Eldar units".

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 15:30

Count Adhemar wrote:
tlronin wrote:

I think the argument is over whether "Dark Eldar" are "Eldar units".

Oh, I see. Well I don't have the Eldar codex and not the WH40k 6th right now.

But In the Eldar FAQ is says you can use the psychic disciplines in the rulebook. Generate a new power from divination or telepathy it says. Is Fortune perhaps in the rulebook with a more clear description?

dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 22:36

Sadly Fortunae has not been clarified in anyway - I think you may be considering the Divination power which allows the psyker himself to re-roll hits, wounds and saves: could be wrong though - I don't have my brb with me either!

Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 14:02

Divination power cannot give benefits to other models, only to psyker herself. And wording of Fortune is quite unclear...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vexator Mask and Challenges   Vexator Mask and Challenges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vexator Mask and Challenges
Page 1 of 1