THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List Empty
PostSubject: 5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List   5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 15:54

So as a side project last year I finally broke down and bought my first power armor army. I went with the only 3+ army fluff I ever liked, Raven Guard. That being said this was to be a fluffy and fun style list, yet still have a competitive bite to it. Here was my 2k list for 5th edition.

Shrike
Ironclad Dreadnaught w/ HF, Melta; Drop Pod
10 Man Tactical Squad w/ Melta, MM, Sargie w/ PF, Combi-Melta; Drop Pod
5 Man Scout Squad w/ Cammo Cloaks, Snipers
10 Man Assault Marine Squad w/ 2 Flamers, Sargie w/ Thunderhammer
3 Man Scout Bikers, Sargie w/ Melta Bombs, Locator Beacon
3 Man Scout Bikers, Sargie w/ Melta Bombs, Locator Beacon

Pretty much how I ran it was everything was in reserves except for the scouts (who were planted on my objective) the scout bikers (who scouted up next to the opponent) and Shrike w/ Assault Squad, who infiltrated within 12-18 inches. T1 3 Ironclads came down on top of the opponent to melta some tanks, while the scout bikers and shrike went in to pop 3 more tanks. T2 if my ironclads survive, they start rampaging around, and the rest of my troops came down when they came from reserves and rapid fired things. If it was objectives, I would combat squad and assault with the power fist sargie so he could punch some things (which became probably my favorite thing to do with this list) It was an interesting list to play, and was a ton of fun.

But with the changes to both infiltration and scout (mainly I cant assault after doing either) and the introduction of Hull Points (meaning my Ironclads will die a ton easier...) This list doesnt seem to be able to hold its on anymore. As Ive been getting ready for NOVA with my DE, Ive been pondering in what direction will I now take my poor Raven Guard. Hence I have come to see if any of you have any ideas on what I can do to keep the same idea, yet change it enough to make it work? My current idea is to try and run it anyway. The only thing I can see I will change is make the assault squad a Tactical Termie squad w/ Assault Cannon and still infiltrate them with Shrike. That way they can run around, shoot things, and then charge (now that fleet isnt making me give up my shooting) But I am worried about my scouts, as now they are left there to be shot as they cant be in the confort of close combat after scouting. So do any of you have any ideas on what I can do to change this?
Back to top Go down
zymrix
Slave
zymrix

5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List   5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 22:48

Check out this video for some Shrike tactics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjewyl4C-s

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down

5th Ed Space Marine List-> 6th Ed List
Page 1 of 1