THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just starting Dark eldar my first models

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xisor
Slave

Just starting Dark eldar my first models Empty
PostSubject: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2012, 21:21

so as the topic suggests i am just getting into 40k and have grabbed a load of dark eldar from a friend of mine at a decent price so im going to run with these guys. Lucky really as they are the models i prefer out of all the 40k range. Anyway enough talk heres a couple of pics of my first dark eldar models. I am by no means a great painter but im happy with how these guys are looking just a couple of details still to do but though i would post and get some feedback.

Just starting Dark eldar my first models 19072012595

Just starting Dark eldar my first models 18072012593

Just starting Dark eldar my first models 18072012594

As you can see i havent really followed the colours for any of the kabals (not willingly anyway) and as myself and 11 friends are about to start a narrative campaign i figured it would be nice to write my own background for a new kabal and just paint the colours i fancied. Any feedback on how to improve would be great although please bare in mind the bases still need a bit of flock and then some snow effect to brighten them up.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2012, 22:00

Nice, I like the contrast between the colours, the deep red really stands out well in the first picture. My tip would be to try and use less paint on the brush when you're doing the highlights, it will slow you down but they'll be finer.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 00:16

The colour scheme looks really good. Great job on the rifle (I am horrible with painting weapons), that red really both pops and goes together with the loincloth and belt. I can say the same that Burning Eye did, thinner highlights would probably be the next area to improve with. Other than that, you're doing great!
Back to top Go down
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 20:23

Looks really good so far! Im thinking that if you could try and add some kinda glow effect to the eyes, then it would draw more of the eye. Now these are just my two cents, so as a new painter you are doing a great job Wink
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 08:24

a nother cold, creaping doom and evil gloom themed army...i like it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just starting Dark eldar my first models   Just starting Dark eldar my first models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just starting Dark eldar my first models
Page 1 of 1