THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
Siticus the Ancient
Cavash
Thor665
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 23:17

Lightweight Bracket
Preliminary Fights and Example Battles
Lightweight Battles and Pre-Fights

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Taufac10

Greetings gentle beings!

I am Por'el Sa'cea Leo'lan Jhin or, for those of you who are not educated in our fine ways, I am Leo'lan Jhin, Water Caste Diplomat, and I-

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Lellit10

Should acknowledge your riveting and wonderful hostess.

Well, now, I believe the appropriate term is 'Co-Hostess'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the term 'co' in your barbaric pseudo language tends to denote some sort of term of equality, doesn't it?

But of course! You see, in this culture the general back and forth nature of TV personalities is-

Hostess.

No, you see, as partners we-

Hostess.

I'm afraid you're missing the point.

Oh, I could provide you with...so many points, little man.

Clearly we should discuss this more during the commercial break, now, I do believe I was introducing the whole concept of this event?

I dunno, I wasn't actually paying any attention to you till I realized you weren't talking about me.

Ahem, yes, well, I'd like to introduce my co-... um, I mean, my fellow Host... Um, my representative of alternate cultural viewpoints - Lelith Hesperax! Give her a hand everyone.

You can call me Mistress of Blades, or 'your Highness' or, some other appropriate honorific within your culture.

Yes, well, you are mostly here as a simple advisor on the manner of your culture, though.

Yeah, let's stick with that cover story for a while longer.

Yes, well, maybe it is time I explained what it is we're doing here. You see, we came to understand that the humans were holding a grand sporting event-

Grand? ::giggles to herself.::

-yes, and they were intent on watching it. Well, we Tau are not as familiar with the idea of sporting events, as within the tau Empire all sportsmen are equally gifted within the glorious honors of our race-

I understand you do very well in most of the running events.

Why, thank you, it is nice that you noticed!

You guys get a lot of practice, I suppose.

Of course, daily.

...what I mean is, *especially* on the battlefield...practice.

You can't let a little thing like war get in the way of training.

Has your race even developed sarcasm yet? I forget.

In any case, it was agreed that we needed to present something very similar to this situation, and so we looked wide and far and were, thankfully, able to meet with a *very wonderful* delegation of the Dark Eldar who agreed to help educate us on the finer points of "Olympiads" as you humans call them. They informed us all it would need would be representatives of multiple cultures to engage in physicaly competitive engagements...they also assured us that it would require lots of guns and knives.

Especially knives.

So, we now present to you, the 1st Olympiad of Freedom and Honest Sportly Conduct, Light Heavyweight Division!

Oh, yeah...listen, Leo, about the name. We sort of...um, it couldn't quite all fit on the billboards is all.

We had to shorten the title?

Just a touch, you'll hardly notice.

Welcome to the Light Heavyweight
Dark Olympiad!

Um...'Dark' Olympiad?

Yeah, because we...um...host it in the Dark City of Commoragh, and the Dark Eldar came up with the core idea, so...

I guess that makes sense, there does seem to be a bit of a theme in that name though.

::whispering contentedly to herself:: Nothing for you to worry your tiny little brain about, I assure you, we'll be feasting on your pain soon enough.

What was that? Something about feasting on pain?

Oh, I said wel'' be feasting in refrain, we like...double meals...here...in the Dark City.

Oh...okay then. In any case, we'll be opening up the competition soon enough, and there will be a fine discussion of the rules, an explanation of you, the viewers, chance to vote to win *fabulous* prizes, and, of course, a releasing of the brackets.

This should be fun.

Most assuredly - I look forward to working with both you and the other...host of non-equal delineation to you for the entire contest.

Other host...what other host?

Well, your requests for all of these high end warriors, some of them needing to almost be snatched through time, obligated us to take some extreme measures to procure them all.

Snatched through time? Those were *examples* of warriors...what did you do?

Nothing bad, I assure you, it's just another co-host.

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Kharne10

Where's the booze, where's the wenches! Let's get this party started, I want blood. BLOOD! BLOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

By the Dark Muses....

-------------------------------------------------------

Coming up next;

The Rules!
The Prizes!
The Brackets!
All this, and more! Well, if by more we mean 'about what I said above' then yes, Yes!

Last edited by Thor665 on Wed Aug 01 2012, 03:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 23:24

Well... uhm... that was interesting.
I genuinely thought that you had gone mad for a while there, Thor! Smile

Anyway, wenches and blood! I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 03:24

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Darkol10

Greetings gentle beings!

It is I, Por'el Sa'cea Leo'lan Jhin here now to welcome you to the official opening ceremonies of the Dark Olympiad!

With me, as always, are my fine hosts, some of whom may wish to be known to be of higher rank, renown, beauty, wisdom, and dancing skills than the rest of us.

Indeed.

Kharne often dances upon the graves of those he kills...dances with RAGE!

Indeed, allow me now take a moment to educate our fellow viewers on the rules of the Olympiad, and what it is they'll be viewing.

There is only one rule, first man to die...loses!!!

Also, all eyes that are gouged out have to be returned after the battle is over.

Ha-ha, I'm *certain* there shall be no eye-gouging or killing in this manly, yet practical and safe, sporting engagement, am I not correct?

=================================================================

What is this?

This will be a battle of Independent characters using slightly altered battle rules. Which character is truly the best machine of war? This competition will help us find out.

During the course of the next few weeks I'll be posting up pre-battle discussions of the upcoming matches, players will get a chance to weigh in on who they think will win, and then we'll witness the battle in all its gory detail.

In addition - lots of Kharne jokes.

What are the rules?

The battle will take place in three phases;

The Long Distance battle - only weapons with a range of 24" or greater can be used.

The Short Distance battle - only ranged weapons may be used.

The Assault - hand to hand combat until a winner is decided.

There will be 1 round spent at each of the ranged sections of the battle. Each model will roll off for initiative, shoot, and then move to the next phase. Some models will have the ability to affect how quickly the battle moves to certain phases (possession of fleet, a movement over 6" ect.)

Cover will always be assumed possible in all the shooting phases, but if used in the Short Distance phase you'll also be assumed to have assaulted through cover.

There will be two example fights to help people understand this better Wink

Prizes you say?

Prizes! I did say that, didn't I?

Yes, there will be prize support...most likely to be offered up with complete sprues or unopened blisters from my giant collection of 'no, seriously, I will be painting this soon, really, dead serious now." Prize availability will be decided upon based on the number of participants, but there will likely be a 1st and 2nd place as well as, likely, a Player's Choice award.

You place higher by offering more accurate predictions of the battles - every correct guess is worth one point, tiebreakers may end up being used...those to be figured out later.

=================================================================

Well, now, that all seems quite exciting!

But let's talk the brackets, this being the lightweight competition there is a very specific...um, 'point range' the competitors will compete within.

Indeed, this "point range" would be, say 100 points or less.

Wait, are we breaking the third wall here, Kharn likes to break things!

Of course not, let's look at the bracket.

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread Lightw10

Now that is an exciting bracket, as you can see...

Some of the forces of Chaos are at risk in the example rounds, while weak-kneed servants of the Corpse Emperor advance already, this ANGERS Kharn!

What is this gak with the Haemonculous and Succubus being lined up so close, are you *trying* to rig this to avoid the all DE finale that is obviously what is going to happen?.

Ah...what's that, oh, we're out of time here folks, we'll catch you later with some of our preliminary fight information, good night and good luck!

We are not done here yet you insufferable lesser maggot!

I agree with the naked girl, Kharn wishes to smash your face in!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 09:03

This subforum seems to be plagued with [Only admins are allowed to see this link] error in every place where a link is supposed to go, so I'm basically seeing only half of what is being posted :/
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 12:17

That should now be fixed. Looking forward to this Thor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 20:52

Okay, this looks awesome. Cultural exchange featuring Kharn, this can only end spectacularly! Really looking forward to Mortal Kombat: Commorragh to play out!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 22:09

Thor... you made my century...

Also, your dialogue was pretty much the best.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 22:15

Seriously...you are making me smile in real life. Kharn is just awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 03:48

Lightweight bracket has started.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 19:30

Completely ignored this until now, as I thought it to be another role playing thread, but this is amazing! Very Happy
I hope it's not too late to participate.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 01:08

It is not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread   The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Olympiad - Main Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1