THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750pt Beginner List for 6th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soul R3aper
Slave

750pt Beginner List for 6th Empty
PostSubject: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 05:17

Looking to start a Dark Eldar army and would like to come up with a list before I buy models. My friend is going to start collecting tyranids and I will mostly be playing him. Here is my second try:

1 Archon w/Huskblade, Soul-trap, Ghostplate Armour, Clone Field

5 Kabalite Warriors w/Blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

5 Kabalite Warriors w/Blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches
Raider

Ravager

Ravager

What do you guys think? Or If you guys have a better list for 750pts please let me know.

Last edited by Soul R3aper on Mon Jul 30 2012, 06:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

PostSubject: Re: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 05:40

for the same points, I'd recommend an Archon with a power axe, venom blade, shadow field, and phantasm grenade launcher. Shadow field should protect you from whatever's swinging at you, pgl limits their attacks on you, and maximizes yours on them, and the power axe and venom blade means either big or small bugs go down hard and fast. If you can squeeze 10 points from somewhere, give him combat drugs. A 1 in 6 chance of starting out at Str 5 goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 08:29

Nonononono...no power axe! We are fast hitters, not terminators to take on terminators. If you want to do that, take disintegrators, though you should focus on other stuff then hammernators. If they are shootinator, be my guest and wreck'em with disints Smile

archon: VB, drugs, pgl, shadowfield 130
4 incubi 88
Venom with dual cannons 65
5 warriors with a blaster 60
venom with dual cannons 65
5 warriors with a blaster 60
5 wyches with hwg 60
ravager 105
ravager 105

yoi have 7 pts to spare Smile

why chose incubi over wyches: 9 wyches on the charge bare handed do 1.5 unsaved wounds to MEQ, where a squad of incubi deal 1 unsaved wound per model on the charge. 4 incubi is 4 dead marines on the charge.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Soul R3aper
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 16:26

Thx Enfernux that list looks pretty good but it actually comes to 803pts. Would you recomend dropping the wyches all together for the incub?i
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 17:26

Soul R3aper wrote:
...it actually comes to 803pts

oops, forgot to add something in the excel Very Happy actually 868, so discussed later

Soul R3aper wrote:
Would you recomend dropping the wyches all together for the incub?i

without the wyches, you cant glance a vehicle to death in one turn, and they are a one shot pre-charge unite to save your incubi from overwatch...although you wont lose much anyway, 5 marines, one with idk a plasma gun, thats 10 shots...hmm...charging from behind the wyches gives cover, pgl gives stealth, so 4up cs, that means 0.14 from the plasma and 0.29 from bolters, just counting incubi...for the archon, that'd be even less, but if he fails a SF save, hes IDd.
if you precharge with wyches, thats probably 1 wych dead, then incu mop up the marines Very Happy

wyches are good, even if for a sacrificial role, 2.77 glances per turn from the 5 ladies, not counting the grenade thrown in the shooting phase, or pre-turn shooting from blasters/darklances.
so with average roll on a LR the 2 ravagers and the wyches can crack open that monster, and leave the squad inside to foot it out. With your supreme mobility, in 750, the opponent wont have much else, so after you kill it, preferably in midfield, you then kill everything else, and then just maneuver him out, shoot, and you may even drop a few termies as well - and if this happens, you just wasted ~500 pts of his list Very Happy

if i would advise to drop anything, it'd be one of the warriors. that is 743...yep, forgot one squad of warroirs in the equation meh Sad Very Happy

EDIT: if you will mostly be playing nids, i would also recomend swaping the DLs on the ravagers, or at least on one for disintegrators, s5 ap2 heavy 3 is nice, esp 9 shots bs4

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750pt Beginner List for 6th   750pt Beginner List for 6th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750pt Beginner List for 6th
Page 1 of 1