THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My beginner 750 list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellathir
Slave

My beginner 750 list Empty
PostSubject: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 16:13

So here we go, my first list ever, based on my Wych Cult of the Shadow Hydra, including the newly appointed Succubus Liriel and supporting Kabalite Warriors from the Twilight Blade Kabal that brought their venoms to bear.

Succubus Liriel
Upgrades: Agonizer, Haywire Grenades

Troops:
Wyches (9)
Upgrades: Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Haywire Grenades
1x Hydra Gauntlets

Kabalite Warriors (5)
Upgrades: Blaster

Kabalite Warriors (5)

Wyches (10)
2x Hydra Gauntlets

Transports:
Raider -
Upgrades: Nightshields, Flickerfield

Raider -

Venom -

Venom -

The idea is to have the Wyches going in the Raiders while the Kabalites provide support or swift movement to grab objectives. Our playing enviroment is fun play between friends, no real competitivity and I am a big fan of the Wych Cults. For anti-tank there will be the Lances and Blasters. Venoms provide anti-infantry cover fire. In this point level I do not expect to see many vehicles so I thought two Blasters and two Lances will suffice in taking out transports and medium armour. Iti s why the Haywire Grenades on Hekatrixes exist.

Nightshields and Flickerfields I thought might help with making my raiders survivable.

Of course comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 16:45

Kellathir wrote:

Succubus Liriel

Bad... see the succubus vs wych lord in the tactics section as to why (im very not a fan). If you're going to go this route, my personal suggestion would be to pick up Lellith, as I think you're going to get more run for your money out of her (I've had her spar off against a demon prince by herself for 4 rounds before). In all honestly though, you're better off going for a Archon, or dual homuns (archon for more fluffyness, homuns for practicality.

Quote :
Troops:
Wyches (9)
1x Hydra Gauntlets

Good here, though I like the hydra gauntlets personally, and in theory, I've always found that shardnets work better overall

Quote :
Kabalite Warriors (5)

Kabalite Warriors (5)

Nothing wrong with this

Quote :
Wyches (10)
2x Hydra Gauntlets

Same thing I said above.

Quote :
Transports:
Raider -

Raider -

Venom -

Venom -

Why don't your venoms have the second splinter cannons? drop the nightshields from the raiders if you need to find the points for it.

My suggestion would be to take AT LEAST one, but better off two ravagers. Just because you're making a fluffy list, doesnt mean that your friends will as well... Are you completely prepared to deal with living lightning spam from a rhino/razorback turn after turn because you cant pop the bastard? (short answer is no, no you are not since you like paper airplanes).
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 17:25

- succubus
- 1 wych and her gauntlet from the 2nd squad
+2 Haemonculus

-nightshields on raiders
+ 2nd cannon on venoms

- hydra gauntlets
+ shardnets

+shock prows on raiders
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 21:14

Kellathir wrote:
Succubus Liriel

Troops:
Wyches (9)
1x Hydra Gauntlets

Transports:
Raider -
Wyches/Haemy is a stronger combo than Wyches/Succubus. The Raider could well do without the Night Shields, and imho Wych weapons are overpriced junk. Overall a solid enough unit, though.

Quote :
Wyches (10)
2x Hydra Gauntlets

Raider -
Most of the above applies to this unit as well.

Quote :
Kabalite Warriors (5)

Kabalite Warriors (5)

Venom -

Venom -

The 2nd Cannon upgrade on the Venoms is too good to pass up. Shave some points for those.

-----

Overall you are severely lacking in anti-tank. I reckon I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but reworking to include 1 or 2 Ravagers would really help you out.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 21:37

4 lances plus grenades and prows should be ebough at 750 w/o totally reworking this list.

that or go look for my kabal thread. there is a decent 750 list there
Back to top Go down
Kellathir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2012, 21:46

Thank you fellows. I'll work to remake this, hopefully it will be better and looking forward to your comments once I post the new 750 up.
Back to top Go down
Kellathir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 12:03

Okay so here goes my updated list. I replaced my Succubus with the Archon, kept the troops largely the same, as I will be using the contents of the Battle-force, two venoms and two ravagers that will come in at a later date.

The number of Dark Lances has increased to 7 from the Ravagers & Raider, Two blasters to add on top of the Lance Weaponry. As per your suggestions both Venoms have dual Splinter Cannons for added firepower and i've given the Raider a Flickerfield and a Shock Prow as well.

Giving the Hekatrix a Phantasm Grenade Launcher is there in case they grab an objective and are assaulted. Warriors keep their support role.

Archon Caradrith - 115
Upgrades: Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Shadow-Field

Troops:

Kabalite Warriors (5) - 60

Wyches (9) - 120
Upgrades: Shardnet & Impaler, Hekatrix, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Transports:

Raider - 70
Upgrades: Flickerfield, Shock Prow

Venom - 65
Upgrades: Second Splinter Cannon

Venom - 65

Heavy Support:

Ravager Gunship - 105

Ravager Gunship - 105

Extending to 1000 points may see me add five Reaver Jetbikes with one Blaster, but I am not sure what else, perhaps increase the number of troops. My final option is to keep the troops as they are and add a 3rd Ravager Gunship.

Archon Caradrith - 115

Troops:

Wyches (9) - 120

Fast Attack:

Reaver Jetbike (5) - 140
Upgrades: Blasters (1)

Transports:

Raider - 80
Upgrades: Flickerfield, Shock Prow, Night Shield

Venom - 65

Venom - 65

Heavy Support:

Ravager Gunship - 105

Ravager Gunship - 105

Ravager Gunship - 105
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 13:08

in the 750 list the only thing I would do is drop the PGL on the wyches and put combat drugs on the Archon, I think you will get much more milage out of them than defensive grenades.

Also when moving it up to 1k, drop the reavers and replace them with another 5 man warrior squad in venom. That will give you another scoring option and an amazing troop choice. With the left over points sprinkle flickerfields and nightshields around... oh and maybe those defensive grenades you wanted earlier Razz
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 14:33

I would drop the hek from the wych squad as well, the only reason to take a hek is to get an agoniser, and the extra point of leadership. Since you're running them with an archon, theres no need for that. Use the points to snag some FF for your ravs.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 17:40

Quote :
Archon Caradrith - 115
Sweet, doesn't strictly need haywires

Quote :

Venom - 65

Venom - 65
Archons worldwide going awwwwww yeaaaaahhhhh.

Quote :
Wyches (9) - 120

Raider - 70
Upgrades: Flickerfield, Shock Prow
The PGL is an easy cut. You worry about the Wyches getting assaulted - when in reality they will never be. You're giving the opponent a choice between 6+ Basic Save vs Shooting or a 4+ Inv Save vs Assault to begin with, even before adding defensive nades. Do the math.

Likewise, at this level you really shouldn't be fussing about with Wych weapons... promise that was the last time I bring it up. In this thread at least.

Quote :
Ravager Gunship - 105

Ravager Gunship - 105
Flickerfields are so worth it on these babies I consider them almost as mandatory as the Venoms' 2nd Cannon.

-----

Overall, this list looks a hell of a lot stronger than your first draft. Cheers to you doing well with it.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2012, 17:49

Quote :
Quote :
Quote:

Venom - 65

Venom - 65

Archons worldwide going awwwwww yeaaaaahhhhh.

AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH BAAAABYYYY!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My beginner 750 list   My beginner 750 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My beginner 750 list
Page 1 of 1