THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 17:24

The Olympics are on, you can get lots of painting done while you are half-listening to that in the background. So, step right up and get your name immortalised in royal purple!

What you going to build/paint/convert in this most august of months? Make a vow and show us your progress by the end of the month with a picture ...... (remember, a picture or a link here in this thread or it didn't happen! ).

Challenge yourself, a friend or another denizen. This is a great way to motivate yourself and others, or to just humiliate yourself a bit more publicly ....... and at the end, you will have a new, tabletop-ready piece or unit ready for our shiny, new 6th edition FAQ 2.0!!!

Denizens and their vows for the month of August (completed in purple):

Cavash - complete an old edition Archon and a squad of 10 converted Kabalite Warriors.

Count Adhemar - complete a Baron conversion and 2 1 Ravagers.

Foo - finish one wrack, a Razorwing and a Haemonculi (added in an Archon). Possibly finish 3 Reaver riders, a Raider and some bases. And ponder finishing 5 Scourges and 10 Hellions, plus their bases.

Evil Space Elves - convert and assemble the first 1,000pts of Corsairs, including a 10-man squad with jetpacks, 2 Venoms, 6 jetbikes, and one Falcon. Figure out a paint scheme and possibly start spray-painting.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Tue Sep 04 2012, 10:26; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 17:51

I vow to complete my old edition Archon and a squad of ten converted Kabalite Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 23:46

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'll complete my Baron conversion and also 2 Ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 02:46

Things I have to work on:
-3 Reaver riders
-10 Hellions and bases
-5 Scourges
-1 Wrack
-2 Haemonculi
-Raider
-Razorwing fighter
-various bases

Things I expect to actually finish: The wrack, Razorwing and Haemonculi.

Stretch goals: Reaver riders, Raiders, some bases

The "yeah, right, dude" goals: Hellions and Scourges
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 03:32

Corsairs! I will get the first 1,000pts converted and assembled. Might even spray the Venoms/Falcons
-Convert and assemble a 10 man squad with jetpacks
-convert 2 Venoms
-6 jetbikes
-1 Falcon
-Figure out my paint scheme!
Anything else will be a bonus for sure with the new school year approaching and new minds to corrupt in late August!
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 04:37

Foo wrote:
Things I expect to actually finish: The wrack, Razorwing and Haemonculi.

Stretch goals: Reaver riders, Raiders, some bases

The "yeah, right, dude" goals: Hellions and Scourges
So, as I expected, none of the stretch goals happened. Also, the Razorwing isn't completely done, either. HOWEVER! I ended up repainting my Archon and about half a dozen magnetized arms for the Haemis and Archon, plus the Haemis and the Wrack, so I'm gonna call this one a success. Pics to follow this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 09:47

Finished the Baron and one Ravager but, short of a minor miracle, I very much doubt the second Ravager will be done in time.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 09:04

Let's see them folks, 47 hours to go!

Unless you live in Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 18:33

Oh the shame! I have nothing worth posting or linking to.
I face a lot of annoyance at the hand, specifically the big gauntlet hand, of my Archon that repeatedly decided to detatch itself. I must pin it in place.
As for my Warrior/Wych kitbash I have almost finished them, I only have little bits left to do.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 18:37

Well, here's my Baron:

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! P1000182

And Ravager 1:

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! P1000269

Ravager 2 didn't quite make the cut Mad
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 19:32

Here's my painting for this month.

Two Haemis.
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Th_IMG_20120830_090544

This is the beginnings of my Razorwing jet. I painted the gems, the detail lines and some of the guns, but that's it. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do, surface-wise.
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Th_IMG_20120830_085503

One Wrack, painted from scratch and one whose arm broke and had to be replaced:
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Th_IMG_20120830_085725

And finally, the Archon I repainted:
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01 2012, 16:23

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! Homer-doh-squaregreen
I forgot to take pics before leaving town! I'll be home on Sunday to take picks of my vow that went sideways (didn't complete the Corsair stuff that I wanted to do for the vow, put painted A TON of DE stuff instead! Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 10:23

Beautiful work there, Foo and Count Adhemar. Very clean and good-looking painting both of you.

And we all know that ESE got a TON of DE stuff done, even if it wasn't all part of his vow, so he can have his name in purple too. We still need pics though Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Tue Sep 04 2012, 17:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 15:56

Thanks! Now to try and get through the rest of the list in September!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 19:49

Gotta admit, got a little sidetracked on the Corsairs and cheated on them with Dark Eldar Twisted Evil
As far as I got on my Corsairs:
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! 2012-09-04_11-31-22_675
-Assembled 5 Corsairs with jetpacks, cut out and repositioned the feet to give them a floating look.
-Picked my color scheme, airbrushed the first layer of Sotek Green(Hawk Turquoise). I couple of more layers of highlights/paint the fade into the black portion and they'll be close to done. Got stuck coming up with a symbol for the Corsair band. I'm thinking something between the Saimhain serpent and the Void Dragons' symbol will look pretty boss.

Shot of everything that I painted last month:
The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! 2012-09-04_11-38-42_778
- 3 Wyches
- 6 Bloodbrides
- Succubus
-6 Reavers

It was a good little distraction. I only need to paint a beast unit to have all of my Wyche cult units painted(I have a box of Reavers and a box of Wyches that I was intending to sell, but may assemble them and paint after all)

September is Coven of the Ebon Sting Month Twisted Evil Time to get the coven stuff done before the Fall of the Kabal Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!   The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - August - the Commorraghan painting Olympics!
Page 1 of 1