THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!

Go down 
+5
Evil Space Elves
Mr Believer
Count Adhemar
Barking Agatha
Gobsmakked
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 19:11

I would laugh, if I was 100% sure that we won't also get a hideous chariot contraption in our next update.

[via Dakka]
https://i.imgur.com/Itn4vOr.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Rki8-8nkPeI/U-AJftM8dwI/AAAAAAAAUHk/ozwZb3uM9Fo/s1600/IMG_20140804_215655746.jpg

But anyway, we have a plethora of new Space Puppies to blast and grind into oblivion this month.  What are you going to build/convert/paint to take them on, perhaps some beasts of your own?

Make a vow, or make a threat, and tell us what you hope to achieve during the months of August.  Those of you who succeed in your devious doings will get your name highlighted in TDC's highly-coveted-but-not-so-visible Commorraghan purple!

For those of you who fail, well ...... I hope you can outrun one of these wolves.  Or your buddy at least  Very Happy

Denizens and their vows for the month of August (completed in purple):

Count Adhemar - build and paint 4 Tau Tetras.

Mr. Believer - build and paint 2 Venoms and 1 Ravager.

Evil Space Elves - Orks: paint 3 Killer Kanz and 1 Weirdboy.  World Eaters: finish painting 1 Terminator squad, finish painting 1 Praetor, and complete painting 1 Land Raider once Chapterhouse replaces mis-cast part.  Assemble 1 Spartan.

Lord Alino - finish a Saint Celestine conversion.

Dragontree - paint 1 classic Night Lords Dreadnought and 1 Night Lords Chaos Lord with jump pack.

Cavash - paint 8 CWE Guardians.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:21; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 20:31

Gobsmakked wrote:

I would laugh, if I was 100% sure that we won't also get a hideous chariot contraption in our next update.

I like it. Needs some valkyries though... DUN DUNDUNDUUUN DUN! Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 21:29

Barking Agatha wrote:
Gobsmakked wrote:

I like it. Needs some valkyries though... DUN DUNDUNDUUUN DUN! Smile

What it needs is to be painted red and white and one of the wolves to have a red nose! Hideous contraption!

Back on topic however, bit of a Tau-fest this month. I shall be building and painting 4 Forge World Tau Tetras.

Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 16:00

I will be attempting to build and paint two Venoms and a Ravager. If I can at least get them assembled I'll be fairly pleased.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 14:24

Going back to work in a little over a week and have to ease up on painting:
Orks:
-paint 3 Killer Kanz
-paint 1 Weirdboy
-load my non-infantry into my new KR case!

World Eaters:
-finish paint on Terminator squad
-finish paint on Praetor
-complete paint on Land Raider once Chapterhouse does something about that stupid miscast  Mad 

-assemble Spartan

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 15:29

I'm hoping to finish up my Saint Celestine conversion
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 16:29

A classic version night lords dreadnought and a night lords chaos lord with jump pack

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 17:36

8 CWE Guardians. I've got back into the swing of painting now so I should keep this vow. Very Happy

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 11:38

Progress!

[img]The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! 20140809_012226_zps7bf7e242[/img]

Ravager is still in the plastic, but this isn't bad progress over three nights (for me anyway).

Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 22:31

I'm so angry at ESE for forgetting about the dark kin and switching to painting Mon-keigh, I'm not going to post the 2 venoms I finished or the second Razorwing I finished painting è_é.

I'm now 100% focussed on my 3 raiders & 1 ravager, I don't think I'll finish them this month, painting is going smoothly and I've done quit a lot on these, but I'd say the finishing will be around September, if I do continue painting regularly. I should make some nice progress on my skimmers.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2014, 13:34

Tetras are now fully painted but I'm waiting for a dry day to apply the varnish that I use on my Tau units to give the armour a glossy finish. Using it in a wet or humid atmosphere is a big no-no. Hopefully by the end of the week they'll be finished and I'll get some pics up.

Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2014, 18:26

And here is my vow done!

First off is my jump pack chaos lord:

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_001
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_002
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_003

My chaos dreadnought (helbrute.. pah!):

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_009
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_004
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_005
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_006
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! WP_20140826_008

More of the same next month till night lords done then I have a ravager beggin to be painted!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 14:46

Those look awesome Dragontree!

This month has been.....unfocussed. Vacation, home repairs, and chaos of a designing a new teaching course, and the Ork codex being a ton of fun to play I've had a serious case of hobby ADHD. Did get some in on the Terminators though:
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! IMG_20140827_211609803_HDR
Should be a pretty solid 3 day holiday weekend to see if I can't salvage some of this Monthly Vow!

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 23:46

Tetras

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! P1010556

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! P1010557

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! P1010558

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! P1010559

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 01:33

I like those Tetras.

As for my Celestine, it'll have to wait a bit since I don't have greenstuff on me right now >.<
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 19:49

Failed. My friend gave me a free copy of Skyrim, so that sort of took over my free time. Now that I think about it, he is my regular opponent, and probably doesn't want to face a triple disintegrator Ravager on Wednesday. He sabotaged my vow with free gifts!

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 20:34

Mr Believer wrote:
Failed. My friend gave me a free copy of Skyrim, so that sort of took over my free time. Now that I think about it, he is my regular opponent, and probably doesn't want to face a triple disintegrator Ravager on Wednesday. He sabotaged my vow with free gifts!

Fool! You allowed yourself to be caught up in the pleasures of mon-keigh inventions! Look at what you've done! This is an insult to the Dark Eldar race!
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 22:59

My vow was going so well... until I took an arrow to the knee Wink

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 01:14

Let me guess, somebody stole your sweetroll.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 17:19

Bit of a mixed bag this month with work starting up full speed and hobby ADHD kicking in hard.
Evil Space Elves wrote:
Going back to work in a little over a week and have to ease up on painting:
Orks:
-paint 3 Killer Kanz
-paint 1 Weirdboy
-load my non-infantry into my new KR case!

World Eaters:
-finish paint on Terminator squad
-finish paint on Praetor
-complete paint on Land Raider once Chapterhouse does something about that stupid miscast  Mad 

-assemble Spartan
Weirdboy is done, infantry loaded into my new KR case(awesome BTW), Terminator squad is done, and the Praetor was completed last night:
The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! IMG_20140831_211002079

Failures: Chapterhouse part has not arrived (they confirmed supposed to arrive this coming week) so the LR did not get painted. Killed the motivation for assembling the Spartan which will be painted at the same time. Next month?

The Kanz were a different story altogether. I have three old ones and wanted to add the new trio to round out the new maximum unit size of 6. Started painting them, played a couple of games with the full six-pack.......and discovered that the unit SUCKS due to being a giant mob that can't get out of its own way while clogging up the charging lanes for boyz mobs. Sucking on the table really bumps you down the priority list...

ADHD successes: Assembled an Ork trukk, converted rockit turrets for my battlewagon, refitted my Tankbustas and added models to the mob (they were set up for 3rd edition where you could only have 3 RL's for the entire unit!), assembled a mekboy conversion and a few nobz, and started paint on a Painboss. Playing a few games with the new codex really changed what units I wanted to paint and have changed my army comp/painting projects considerably.

Good month overall, even if I didn't complete half of this stuff! Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!   The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow, August 2014 - Space Wolves are in our sights!
Page 1 of 1