THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Void Dragon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VoidDragon
Slave

Kabal of the Void Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 22:45

Hello World,

I new to Warhammer 40k and I have settled on Dark Eldar.
I like the fluff behind the race, and I like the look of the models and vehicles.

I'm working on the background fluff for my particular Kabal/Cult/Coven.

I like the following ideas:
Kabal of the Void Dragon
Capura Wych Cult
Coven of the Forlorn Star

I'm also working on iconography for each of these.

I've started with my first purchase of a box of Wyches. And as soon as I finish modelling and painting them up, I'm going to get the Dark Eldar Battleforce.

Happy to meet you all. I look forward to reading through the forum.

Last edited by VoidDragon on Wed Aug 15 2012, 22:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 05:55

Kabal of the Void Dragon? I smell a DE/C'tan thing coming. I look forward to the fluff.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
VoidDragon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 22:40

I'm amending my list of fluffy names:

Kabal of the Void Dragon
Cult of the Dire Calm
Coven of the Forlorn Star
Hellions of the Mantis Claw
Reavers of the Helix Lance
Harlequin Troupe of the Bereft Shadow

PS
I still like my name for the Wych Cult (Capura Wych Cult). I want to have a background story for the Wych Cult to have specialized in flashy "arena" style fighting utilizing high flying gymnastics/aerialistics, and the coolest martial art I've seen that comes close to that is Capoeira (sometimes stylized as "Capura").

The one box of Wyches that I currently have, I'm working on heavily converting/modeling them into Capoeira poses (many of "wych" {sorry about the pun} will be inverted {one handed handstand, aerial cartwheel, etc.} positions). I will be posting pictures of the work once it comes along a little further.

PSS
Do the rest of you all have Troupe/Gang names for each of the sub-divisions of troops/soldiers in your armies? Or do you just give your army as a whole, a single encompassing name? The reason I ask is because I want the fluff of my army to revolve around the main players of an individual entity (like the Kabal or the Cult) and incorporate out how they recruited or formed a pact with a gang or squad of mercenaries or allied with another group, to form the foundation of both their shared interests and dreaded political or otherwise nemeses.

(Sorry for the interrupted stream of consciousness: name the movie: "Well we've always been eachother's greatest
nemesises... nemesi... nemesee.... What's the plural on that? ~~ Nemeses.")

PSSS
In case you're wondering: Yes, I am a practitioner of Capoeira. The term is Capoeirista. (Wow, the stream of consciousness just keeps on going...) Interesting tid-bit about Capoeira: in Brazil, the training ratio of gender of Capoeiristas is about 95% to 5%, male to female. Outside of Brazil, the training ratio of gender of Capoeiristas is about 50% to 50%, male to female. Capoeira is one of the few martial arts that holds an equal draw for both men and women.

Last edited by VoidDragon on Wed Aug 15 2012, 22:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VoidDragon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 22:43

Also, I had no idea there was someone out there with the name "Void Dragon". I just thought it sounded cool. But as far as fluff is concerned, I can always claim that the Kabal of the Void Dragon dates back to before the Fall, so the Kabal came first and the other guy is the one who is copying.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 23:15

VoidDragon wrote:
Also, I had no idea there was someone out there with the name "Void Dragon". I just thought it sounded cool. But as far as fluff is concerned, I can always claim that the Kabal of the Void Dragon dates back to before the Fall, so the Kabal came first and the other guy is the one who is copying.
Saying that the C'tan is copying could be a bit of a stretch...

However, the Kabal may have decided on the name for the same reason you did, or they may have some connection, or whatever you want to say.

As to your other question, it seems that people just go with naming any significant factions and/or subfactions in their armies. So Kabals, Cults, Covens, and the like usually receive names.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Void Dragon   Kabal of the Void Dragon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Void Dragon
Page 1 of 1