THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
depayen
Hellion
depayen

Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions Empty
PostSubject: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 15:11

I was thinking with the new buildings having 14 Av no big deal I reduce the AV to 12 because of the dark lance just like a vehicile. Upon reseaching this some more that doesn't appear to be the case. I am generalizing here but in the BRB for 6th edition Lance description says any vehicile armour over 12 is treated as 12AV. Nothing was mention regarding the fortifcation AV value. So it would seem they are not affected. Has any one else looked into this?"
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 15:13

Don't buildings count as immobile vehicles? Not got rulebook with me but seem to recall reading that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 16:24

I will have to check that out when I get home from work. I don't have mine either.
Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 16:43

After reading this post I did some research into the subject. I found to parts in the Building rules that may suggest that Buildings are affected by Lance, Meltas, etc.

on pg.92 2nd paragraph it states"...Buildings of all types use aspects of the transport vehicle. THe main difference between buildings and actual vehicles is that they can't move, and units from either side can go inside...."

also, pg.93 attacking buildings 2nd sentence "...Units may shoot at or charge an occupied building just as if it was a vehicle..."

These two lines lead me to believe that a Building isn't a vehicle...BUT...it is treated like a transport vehicle in some cases and treated like all vehicles in shooting and assault. If a Building is treated like a vehicle it will be affected by the same rules that vehicles follow.

My standing is Lance, Meltas, etc work against buildings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 16:44

I agree and the rules on pg93 seem to make it very clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions   Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark lances against fortifcations or bastions
Page 1 of 1